Reporting to Program Manager, Policy and Planning, and under the guidance and direction of senior staff, is responsible for researching and providing policy support and advice on emerging legislation, regulations and Regional policies and practices in accordance with the Community and Health Services Department and Branch initiatives; conducting research, program and policy development and data management activities; developing written and electronic communication materials; and monitoring developments, opportunities, trends in legislation, human services policies and procedures, community development and the broader political environment.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Social Sciences, Planning, or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Minimum two (2) years demonstrated experience in policy and planning and policy/project management advisory experience in a public sector environment.
- Experience conducting extensive literature reviews, including the ability to summarize complex data into understandable, user-friendly, relevant explanations for reporting and knowledge transfer to management and staff.
- Knowledge of public policy, practices and issues, federal and provincial legislation and ability to stay abreast of current issues affecting human services.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration and personal ownership.
0830 – 1630
How to Apply
Please apply online by August 17, 2020. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
$40.60 to $44.12 per hour
This is an Addition to staff
Union position - CUPE Local 905 (York Region Unit)