Are you looking for a career at a stable company with endless possibilities for growth? We are a privately owned Canadian company with over 5,000 employees working together to provide an essential service: supplying Canada with delicious products!
Our Belleville facility is looking for full time, permanent employees to join our team of almost 1,000 passionate people who are #Sofinaproud. At Sofina’s Belleville plant, we produce quality pork products for the Canadian market.
We offer opportunities to enhance key skills such as: accuracy, speed and critical thinking. There is no limit to the opportunities for progression at Sofina Foods.
If this sounds exciting to you, come and work with us!
We provide employees with a safe work environment, secured by screening protocols and protective equipment so that health and safety is always a top priority.
Join the Sofina Foods family and start your new career today!
What Sofina Foods Offers
- Start time: 6:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Monday- Friday
- Overtime regularly available
Starting Hourly rate: $18.00
- $1,000 Employee referral bonus for each successful referral;
- $1,000 retention bonus;
- Monthly perfect attendance bonus. Up to $2000 extra a year!
- Full benefits (health, dental and vision) after probation;
- Pension plan;
Reasons our Employees Love Working Here:
o Safety & Quality: Health, safety and quality are a top priority with all of our roles and sites.
o Benefits: Our range of benefits can include health care, employee discounts on company products including pork and chicken, RRSP Match, paid time off and more! Stay
o Mentally and Physically active: You’ll be on the move for your whole shift in our friendly and fast- pasted environment.
o Career development: Many of our entry-level employees become leaders in operations, HR, and other areas. See where your Sofina journey can take you.
A Typical Day:
- Assemble/disassemble, wash and sanitize machine parts
- Retrieve supplies necessary for production; mix spices
- Complete various checklist to ensure product quality
- Weigh and record product information and weights
- Stuff, hang, pot product for cooking
- Tie and form stuffed products
- Lift frozen product onto conveyor
- Verify Lot numbers, SKU and weight information
- Inspect product to ensure product meets standard
The Working Environment:
- Physically demanding, fast-paced and repetitive
- Handling of heavy loads up to 25lbs
- Standing for long periods
- Cut/Packaging department is refrigerated
- Noisy and some areas may have odours
- Meat processing and packing establishment
What You Bring to the Role:
· Production related experience is an asset
· A commitment to SAFETY and QUALITY practices
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment to meet production deadlines
· Strong attention to detail and demonstrated hand-eye coordination
· Comfortable working in a pork processing facility, handling raw meat;
· Comfortable in either a cold or warm environment;
· Ability to perform physical and repetitive job duties
· concise introduction to the plant
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Face masks are mandatory and supplied by the company. Temperatures are taken before entry into the facility.