BROKEN COAST CANNABIS LTD.
WHO WE ARE
Broken Coast LTD. is looking to add a full-time Quality Assurance Technician to work in the Quality department of our busy cannabis production facility. Broken Coast is a federally licensed producer of cannabis under Cannabis regulations, located in Duncan, BC.
Successful applicants will have experience working in a regulated production environment, preferably in the area of food, pharmaceuticals, or the cannabis. The position requires a high level of organization and attention to detail, as well as critical thinking, interpersonal communication, and a strong aptitude with computers.
- Collecting, reviewing, and filing facility documentation, for batch production and quality systems
- Working with operations staff to correct documentation or address and document deficiencies
- Prepare batches for final release and perform release procedures on batches once released
- Working to review and validate documents in an electronic document management system
- Perform in process checks, floor inspections and self-audits as required
- Perform Non-conformance and Corrective Action review
- Inspect and release incoming materials
- Prepare and track regulatory correspondence with local police, fire, and government authorities
- Coordination of complaints and returned shipments with other departments
- Contribute to the overall goals of the Quality department by contributing in project discussions, group troubleshooting, and assisting around the facility as needed
REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience working in a regulated production environment
- One-year experience in a food/pharma or cannabis company
- Experience working in quality departments is an asset
- Familiarity with quality management systems an asset
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Critical thinking and assessment skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal, English language)
- Willingness to work as an engaged member of a diverse team
WHY BROKEN COAST CANNABIS?
- Be a part of the newest and fastest growing industry in Canada and the World
- Gain experience and be compensated with competitive wages, career development opportunities and employer paid benefits
Inclusivity and Accommodation: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not constructed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. Aphria is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process.
Keeping our employees safe is our number one priority. To do so we are currently holding phone and video interviews. We have also introduced the following measures at our facilities:
- Restricted visitor access
- Installation of physical barriers & additional hand washing stations.
- Staggered shifts and break times
- Mandatory mask policy & supplied PPE
- Enhanced sanitation measures
- Social distancing policies & monitoring
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Assurance: 1 year (Preferred)