Under the supervision of the Dealer Principal and Group Leadership Team, this position is responsible for the successful operation of the entire dealership, including developing and executing plans to ensure the profitability of the dealership by selling vehicles, parts, service and controlling expenses while maintaining high customer satisfaction.
Governance: Leadership, Communication, Decision Making
- Understands, keeps abreast of and complies with federal and provincial regulations that affect the operation.
- Develops, implements and monitors systems and standards for the department including; sales, operations, inventory, etc.
- Conduct regular meetings. Monthly meetings to include: soapbox meetings with all staff, weekly meetings with Managers and weekly department meetings.
- Ensures every department operates harmoniously and profitably.
- Provides and maintains enthusiastic leadership and a positive working relationship with all departments to build positive employee attitudes and morale.
- Creates and maintains a good working relationship with lending institutions and manufacturers.
- Maintains complete knowledge of and complies with company and departmental policies, procedures and standards.
- Maintains customer and company confidence by keeping information confidential and secure.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the ongoing development, implementation, maintenance and effectiveness of the health and safety program by promoting and communicating the details of the program. Corrects any unsafe acts and unsafe conditions and acknowledges employees for safe work practices and promotes a behaviour based safety culture.
- Collaborates with the Dealer Principal to make final decisions on departmental goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operational decisions.
- Responsible for determining the priority of tasks within the scope of the position.
- Ensures the Safety Standard Binder issued by MTO is up to date and all audits performed by MTO are in compliance.
- Plans and develops short and long-term goals and objectives annually, and submitting time projections to corporate management for approval.
- Collaborates with the Director of Pre-Owned Operation in overseeing the growth of Used Car Sales.
- Ensures the new, used and parts inventory aging policy in is compliance.
- Monitors key competitor activities within the area. Study market research and trends to determine consumer demand, potential sales volumes and the effect of competitors' operations on sales.
- Continuously monitoring CSI/SSI and market share ratings and ensure ratings meet or exceed corporate standards.
- Maintaining corporate standards of facilities assessments.
- Manages the integrity of the dealership security systems and ensures all security devices are in proper working order (motion detectors, video surveillance, lot lighting, key box, floor safe, cash drawers). Handle any escalated security issues or emergency situations appropriately.
Sales and Marketing
- Creates a customer-focused environment and continuously strives to improve customer satisfaction ratings.
- Coordinates departmental marketing initiatives with the Dealer Principal.
- Develop merchandising strategies and assist in creating an effective, cost-efficient advertising program.
- Maintains continuous relationships with customers to encourage referrals.
- Ensures a customer follow-up system is in place.
- Forecasts goals and objectives for sales, gross, and key expenses on a monthly and annual basis.
- Prepares and administers an annual operating forecast and budget.
- Responsible for meeting and implementing initiatives in exceeding budgets.
- Makes sound decisions while dealing with the management team to ensure company goals and budgets are met.
- Controls costs of supplies, equipment, etc.
- Partners with Group Human Resources Manager to ensure Policy and Procedure adherence
- Monitors that all OMVIC licenses are up to date.
- Responsible for ensuring all employee's vacation time is managed as per company policy and procedures.
- Identifies key personnel for growth and succession planning and provides mentorship and training.
- Provides product and training resources for the employees on a continuous basis and ensures staffs are provided with required training and all required training is completed (i.e.: Online health and safety training).
- Ascertain Managers are explaining policies and procedures to all employees and follow up with employees to ensure policies and procedures are understood and followed.
- Ensure Managers are meeting with and completing all performance evaluations completed for all staff.
- The hiring of all management positions, completing performance evaluations regularly and developing short and long-term goals for each department manager and holds them accountable for their objectives and goals.
- Monitor recruitment of personnel and attendance at orientation. Ensure labour turnover does not exceed corporate standards.
- Responsible for implementation and ensuring all employees are in compliance with the Leavens Handbook.
- Completion of high school diploma or vocational equivalent
- University degree or college diploma in business administration
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive experience in Dealership Sales Management required, General Management experience an asset.
- Proficient with: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Internet Explorer, Outlook
- Thorough knowledge of technical repairs and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturer warranty policies and proper authorizing processes
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal & written English) and customer service skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills in order to resolve customer issues
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with simultaneous deadlines
- Being analytical, creative, and using innovative approaches in solving problems
Special Qualification Essentials:
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and clean driving abstract
- OMVIC Certification is required
What we offer:
- A very competitive compensation plan, and a Group Benefit program which includes Health & Dental, LTD, EAP, Employee "Perk" program, Trip Cancellation/Out of Province Insurance and RRSP matching plan!
- An incredible opportunity for advancement within the organization. With 7 dealerships in the Group and growth on the horizon, opportunities are available
- A leadership team that trains and mentors its staff to ensure the success of new members
- Fun performance-based environment
- Comfortable lunch room with TV and wi-fi
- Workout room with lockers and showers
- Long weekends off in the summer!
Please submit a resume including email address & cover letter outlining why you believe you are the BEST candidate for this position in order to be considered.
We appreciate all who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Leavens Volkswagen is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter (or email).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent