Ecocare Ltd., in business since 1990, provides a variety of services to manage large scale facilities. Ongoing services are provided to achieve the site objectives while supporting the core operations of that facility. A significant fleet of equipment is maintained at each facility. Services include but are not limited to; all landscaping and construction maintenance, asphalt repair, exterior building services, and snow management.
We are seeking an on-call Snow and Ice Services Operator to support our team with winter services. The operator is expected to punctual, can easily follow instructions, work individually or as part of a team with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
A working knowledge of, and experience in facilities services and snow services is an asset. The position reports directly to the Site Lead and has the potential to turn into a full-time position.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
· On-call – available and responsive during and after snow and ice events.
· Circle-checks – perform inspections and minor maintenance on all vehicles and equipment
· Equipment Operation – Skid-steers, loaders, tractors – operate in a safe, responsible, and efficient manner.
· Walkways, door-ways, Emergency Exits – shovel and salt areas as required.
· Travel – Occasional travel to Cambridge may be required and will be compensated.
· Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation and a clean abstract is required.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in Snow removal services and equipment operation.
· Mechanical aptitude and experience operating landscape and construction equipment.
· Loader/Tractor/Skid steer experience is required.
· Machine maintenance is an asset.
· Strong communication skills and ability to support team members.
· Ability to plan and implement snow event schedule, working with and giving direction to team members.
· Safety awareness of both employees and equipment
· Candidates for the position must possess a customer service attitude and conduct themselves in a professional manner.
· Certificate in First Aid is an asset.
Pay rate is based on experience, availability and health and safety certifications and training.
Contract length: 6 months
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $28.00-$32.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Snow Plowing: 3 years (Required)