Heritage Christian Online School (HCOS) is a K-12 Distributed Learning (DL) school, providing fully-accredited, Christian education to students in BC. As one of Western Canada’s largest online schools, we connect teachers with families and students to provide guidance and support via personalized, online and face-to-face options.
Within the Special Education Department, our goal is to provide supportive and flexible Christ-centred programming to students who have special needs and are learning at home, enabling them to reach their God-given potential and assisting them to acquire the necessary skills for independence as adults.The ideal candidate will provide support to the SE teacher, parent/guardian and the student with Special Education needs.
Heritage Christian Online School has need for a part-time self-employed Special Education Assistant in Port McNeill and Port Hardy, BC to work with 2 male students (gr. 1 & gr. 8) in their homes during regular school hours, 12 hours per week.
Specific training in working with students with special needs, such as Certified Education Assistant Certificate (or equivalent), is preferred.
The ideal candidate will:
- provide academic and life skills support
- be creative in teaching approach
- follow OT recommendations for support around gross and fine motor skills
- be patient and clam
- understand the need to be flexible and adaptable
- have excellent communication skills with children and adults
- be comfortable with computers and technology
- knowledge in childhood anxiety, ADHD, learning difficulties, DCD
- desire to learn and grow in knowledge of Special Education
- work well in a team setting with SE teacher and parent/guardian and other professionals (OT,
- have valid Class 5 driver's licence
Qualified candidates must submit their application and a resume via our online application system.
*Please apply here: www.onlineschool.ca/about-us/careers-at-hcos/education-assistants/
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $19.00 to $28.00 /hour
- Educational Assistant: 1 year (Required)
- Port Hardy, BC (Required)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)
- English (Required)