Heavy Equipment Service Technician
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
The Company. Bercon Rentals Inc., is a family-owned and operated Canadian equipment rental company where every member of our team is empowered to make decisions that support customer success. We specialize in providing our customers access the best and safest aerial platform and material handling equipment from leading industry manufacturers. Our vast product offering allows us to be a single source for meeting the needs of customers. Our relationships are built on pillars of honesty, integrity and trust. At Bercon Rentals, our promise of safety and service excellence is the most integral component in our operations.
The Position. Bercon Rentals Inc., is offering an excellent opportunity for a full-time permanent Heavy Equipment/Aerial Work Platform Service Technician reporting to the Shop Foreman who is ready to grow their career with the leading company in the industry. To continue our tremendous success and unparalleled growth, we are searching for a qualified and ambitious individual to perform maintenance and repairs of equipment in a safe and professional manner with some degree of independent judgment.
· Maintaining and repairing mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and diesel systems on a variety of rental and customer equipment and tools
· Completing service documentation
· Training junior level Technicians and/or Registered Apprentices
· Demonstrating equipment for customer use
· Providing quality customer service
· Occasional travel to customer sites may be required
Qualifications or Skills Required:
· High School Diploma
· Must posses a valid Heavy Equipment Service Technician License and at least 3-5 years of related experience
· Valid driver’s license, clean driving record
· Experience in customer service
· Have strong mechanical background knowledge with various engines and hydraulic systems
· Have a good understanding of schematics and diagrams
· Exhibit teamwork
· Strong verbal and written skills
· Employees are expected to own the tools applicable to position.
· Knowledge of equipment from brands such as Skyjack, JLG and Genie is an asset
Why Should You Apply?
· This is an exciting opportunity to grow your career and earnings potential with an industry-leading company with a high standard for excellence.
· If you're our next team member, we offer competitive compensation which includes:
o $2000.00 Signing Bonus (to be paid after completion of one year)
o Hourly rate + OT after 44 hrs.
o Full benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance
o Company-matching pension plan
o Training programs
o An experienced supportive management team and a great team atmosphere
We thank all individuals for their applications. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals and specifically applicants from underrepresented groups – including indigenous persons, vulnerable youth, newcomers, and persons with disabilities – who may contribute to the continued diversification of our organization.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Drivers (Required)
- Heavy Equipment (Required)