iProgen Biotech Inc. in Burnaby, BC has an opening for a R&D technician with strong background in click chemistry and proficient in HPLC.
- Synthesis, purification of protein on mg to gram scale under minimal supervision.
- Optimisation and validation of protocols for conjugation.
- Management of junior technicians for ADC production.
1. Experience in biochemistry, chemistry, or other relevant discipline.
2. Knowledge and experience in laboratory scale protein purification, employing Hydrophobic Interaction Chromatography (HIC), Size Exclusion Chromatography (SEC), Ion-Exchange (IEX), mixed mode chromatography and affinity chromatography.
3. Hands-on experience in analytical techniques including HIC-HPLC, SEC, IEX, RP-HPLC, and capillary electrophoresis (e.g., reduced and non-reduced CE-SDS, icIEF).
4. Self-motivated, enthusiastic, hard-working, detail-oriented, with demonstrated problem-solving skills who is able to work in a fast-paced team environment. Good written and oral communication skills and the ability to excel in a collaborative environment are essential.
We are seeking a technician with a specialisation in chemical biology. Our R&D team applies mass spectrometry, liquid chromatography, capillary electrophoresis and other modern physicochemical characterisation techniques to investigate the integrity, purity, stability and identity of proteins and bioconjugates. The successful candidate will be part of a highly motivated multidisciplinary group responsible for supporting pipeline program advancement, ensuring rigorous quality control standards, and contributing to core platform technology improvements.
The R&D technician will have a background in the protein-chemistry sciences field and generate high quality data using advanced analytical techniques. Experience with antibody/ADC works and knowledge of antibody is preferred. Effective communication and discussion of data with team members and other groups will be a critical component of daily activities. Ability to quickly learn new technologies is important. The position will involve a significant amount of time in the laboratory.
The R&D technician will be working in Burnaby, BC.
Job Type: Full-time
- HPLC: 1 year (Required)
- Laboratory: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)