Come Join PNR RailWorks Canada’s largest and most experienced full service railroad subcontractor. We are currently looking to add experienced construction labourers to our team as we have new construction projects around Toronto. These new projects have us working rotational shifts of days afternoons and nights.
Job Location: Toronto
What We Offer:
Career and Growth Opportunities
Reporting to the Construction Foreman, the Laborer is responsible for successfully completing day-to-day tasks by meeting or exceeding corporate and project goals for safety, quality, profitability and schedule, resulting in extreme customer satisfaction.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Embrace our safety culture and adhering to industry and company policies and procedures
- Repair and/or replace turnout components as needed, such as switch points, frogs, plates etc.
- Repair and/or replace track components as needed, such as rail, ties, plates, spikes, timber crossings etc.
- Observes conditions of track, track beds, and track right-of-way to detect, report and repair problems or defects
- Responsibly operates company vehicles and/or equipment and ensures all daily maintenance and inspections of the units are completed
- Performs special duties as assigned by the Foreman
- Performs any administrative duties related to proper documentation as per PNR Quality Management System
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Familiarity with materials, methods, equipment and tools used in construction including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Ability to read and understand instructions and work specifications.
- Ability to understand and follow safety rules, policies, procedures and regulars.
- Ability to work as a team, to jointly carry out assigned tasks.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Valid and clean driver’s license.
- Ability to pass pre-employment background checks including drug screening.
- Minimum 2 years of Construction related experience
- Works outdoors at construction sites.
- Frequently stands, walks, climbs, balances, lifts, bends, and moves objects up to 50 pounds.
- Exposed to all weather conditions including very hot and very cold weather.
- Exposed to loud noise.
- Exposed to live track/trains and high voltage.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $19.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Construction Labour: 2 years (Preferred)