Technology Service Consultant I / Service Consultant
The Technology Service Consultant I services and repairs a variety of office equipment at customer locations, usually within a specific geographic area. May be viewed as specialist on certain products.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Specializes in the servicing and repair of a core set of complex low volume multi-functional devices and may be required to service and repair mid-volume devices based on regional business needs;
- Manages territory, inventory and customer relationships;
- Achieves expected productivity levels associated with assigned workload and level of experience;
- Actively drives revenue generating opportunities through supply leads, contract sales, network support contract leads, equipment and print assessment leads;
- Completes technical training on new equipment as assigned;
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Effectively executes all required territory management and call handling procedures.
- Works closely with sales partners to maximize equipment leads and upgrade opportunities.
- Maintains and manages own parts inventory with a high degree of accuracy.
- Adheres to territory back-up plans.
- Completes all required administrative tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- Effectively handles the most difficult customer situations.
- Acts as a communication link on unresolved technical problems/issues.
- Interacts with external customers for the purpose of determining service needs on equipment and ensuring overall high level of customer satisfaction with the service performed.
- Maintains productive, professional relationship with all customer and company personnel.
Demonstrates technical expertise and provides specialist services
- Performs a full range of servicing and repair service procedures including diagnostics, installation, removal and retrofits on a core set of complex low volume multi-functional devices.
- Demonstrates required digital competencies associated with assigned products and level assignment.
- Performs troubleshooting and repairs or replaces equipment components as necessary on B&W, color and multifunctional devices.
- Completes technical training on new equipment as assigned.
- Post-Secondary Education in the area of technical specialization
- Minimum of 3 years related experience including a minimum of 2 years as an Associate Service Technician
- Industry Certification (CompTIA Net+ or CompTIA A+) an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires an excellent working knowledge of electro-mechanical devices and electronics
- Requires "solid" knowledge of assigned equipment
- Skilled methodical approach to resolving problems
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills including ability to follow up to ensure closure of issues
- Skilled ability to read and comprehend written technical information in the form of technical manuals, parts books and relevant publications
- High degree of mechanical aptitude, highly focused and driven to learn
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team and take initiative to improve the customer experience
- Strong attention to detail and good visual skills for assessing image quality
- Ability to access/service equipment which may be in low, high, cramped or otherwise inconvenient locations
- Ability to act diplomatically in a professional corporate environment
- Be highly organized with excellent time management
- Continuously upgrading knowledge of Ricoh products
- Requires a valid driver's license and as applicable, a minimum level of auto insurance coverage per RICOH policy for positions utilizing personal vehicles while for company business.
- Extensive daily travel in an automobile between customer locations is usually required. Assignment of a "walking territory" within a limited urban area would require extensive travel by foot.
- Shift work, overtime, stand-by and/or on-call may be required.
- Physical effort is required to move objects on wheels that may weigh up to 400 pounds and be able to lift and carry objects that weigh up to 50 pounds. Requires frequent walking, standing, bending, reaching and lifting when installing equipment, i.e. computers, controllers, color laser copiers, projectors, etc. Frequent stooping, bending, squatting and kneeling are required to service equipment at floor level.
- Tool cases and assorted service-related tools weighing in the range of 25 to 50 pounds must be carried to a variety of machine locations.
- A high level of dexterity is required in the regular use of a variety of hand tools. These tools will include, but are not limited to, screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches and some electronic testing equipment. There is an emphasis on fine-motor skills for work on small electronic and mechanical components.
We are committed to providing you with a safe, healthy, and supporting work environment that helps you to achieve your every single day goals both at work and at home. We continuously work to provide you with a well-rounded benefits package and other tools to support you.
Flexible Work Options
We recognize that juggling all of the various areas of your life can be difficult. Therefore, we offer flexible work arrangements depending on business needs, which allow you a better work-life balance. These include: flextime, telecommuting, job sharing, and part-time work.
Whether it is to relax on the beach, staycation with your family, or take time for yourself, we offer various time-off programs to support your needs. Some examples include vacation with pay and the option of purchasing additional vacation each calendar year, paid Family, Health & Personal (FHP) Days.
We want to help you learn, grow, and achieve your full potential. We offer several programs for you to craft your future with us. The programs include:
- The Ricoh Learning Institute
- Individual Development Plan (IDP)
- Education Assistance Program
Rewarding your Efforts
Our compensation strategy is developed to attract and retain the best employees in the industry. Ricoh offers and contributes to a Retirement Plan (RRSP) and depending on the role, Ricoh also offers other compensation initiatives such as commission and bonus plans.
Ricoh's "Be The Change" (BTC) Program offers monetary and non-monetary recognition for those who focus and commit to The Ricoh Way.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Job Type: Full-time
- Service Technician: 2 years (Required)
- Drivers License (Class 5) (Required)
- CompTIA Net+ or CompTIA A+ (Preferred)