As the world becomes increasingly stressful and change accelerates at an unprecedented pace, the toll on mental health has been significant, leaving many people feeling overwhelmed, down, anxious, or depressed. We want to help.
Many people hesitate to seek therapeutic or psychological help because of stigma, misinformation or treatment is simply inaccessible. We are changing that.
Join us in our mission – preserving mental health and wellness, and making effective mental healthcare more accessible and affordable, so that everyone can live their happiest and healthiest life!
We are always looking for fantastic clinicians to join our growing team across Canada! Whether you are looking to provide Guided (TAiCBT) services, Live (video) services or both, we'd love to hear from you!
We are a high-impact organization with a proven business model and technology, as demonstrated by key financial and operational metrics. We have successfully commercially pioneered a digital continuum of care for mental health including our outcomes-tethered and accessible Guided Therapy (Therapist Assisted Cognitive Behavioural Therapy “TAiCBT”) in Canada called BEACON. Starting in January 2021, MindBeacon will also be offering Live Therapy through our digital platform. Clients will be able to choose to support their mental health needs via Guided Therapy or Live Therapy.
Since 2002, MindBeacon’s CBT Associates ("CBTA"), through traditional in-person clinic-based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy ("CBT"), has helped thousands of people become happier and more productive by helping them overcome feelings and behaviors that negatively impact their everyday lives.
Founded in 2015, MindBeacon has developed a comprehensive digitally-based continuum of care for mental health model through its widely deployed, extensively validated BEACON digital platform. BEACON is a digital therapeutic solution built on top of the years of direct experience and unmatched institutional knowledge.
Our platform is purpose-built to scale by servicing the broad mental healthcare market, reducing barriers to care, lowering costs for patients and delivering best-in-class outcomes. BEACON has broad applicability across employers, governments, benefit plans, health systems, disability management, post-secondary, employee wellness, specialty pharmacy, chronic disease management and others.
We are the recognized solution and have partnered with the Ontario government to provide free iCBT to all Ontarians as part of the provincial response to COVID-19 and thereafter.
For more information, please visit https://www.mindbeacon.com.
What is Guided Therapy?
Guided Therapy is Therapist-Assisted Internet-Delivered Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TAiCBT). Our Guided Therapists work with BEACON users (or clients) to ensure they are supported during their treatment and their experience is optimized through our digital treatment platform.
- Provide effective protocol-driven TAiCBT through our digital platform
- Foster and develop strong therapeutic relationships with clients by providing tailored support through secure asynchronous messaging
- Personalize client treatment plans through the ability to conceptualize client needs
- Encourage client engagement and skill-building by supporting their progress through the platform’s program and activities
- Create reports and notes to clearly and accurately capture each client’s treatment progress
- Measure client outcomes and overall satisfaction
What is Live Therapy?
Live Therapy is one-to-one video sessions between a MindBeacon Therapist and a client through our digital treatment platform.
The Skills and Experience That Make You a Great Fit for Our Team:
- Masters-level or above degree in Social Work or Psychology
- Registered with applicable provincial college with the ability to provide autonomous psychotherapy services in that province (ex: Ontario College of Social Workers or College of Psychologists of Ontario)
- Experience using CBT to treat various mental health conditions in adults
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to write clear, concise and professional messages to support our clients
- Comfortable working independently but able to seek guidance and respond to feedback, as necessary
- Proficient computer skills, with demonstrated ability to learn and work with new platforms
- Able to provide proof of professional liability insurance
- Able to provide 2 professional references
- Must have access to secure computer and protected and reliable internet
- Able to represent MindBeacon mission and values through professionalism, client-centered focus and impeccable ethical judgement
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and ever-changing work environment, with a can-do, hands-on approach to work
What Sets You Apart from the Crowd:
- Bilingual; English and French (reading and writing), considered a strong asset!
- Previous work experience in community and/or hospital settings
- Experience with, or willing to learn, disability management/return-to-work treatment
- Previous work experience using a digital platform to provide CBT
- Registered, or willing to register, across multiple provinces
Compensation & Benefits:
- Full time employees are paid an annual salary and contractors are paid a per case fee
- Healthcare benefits upon completion of probation including life insurance, extended health, vision and dental. Our benefits package also includes access to a Mental Health Navigator and Lumino Health Virtual Care (Full Time Only)
- Paid vacation and paid personal days (Full Time Only)
- Clinical rounds and ongoing professional development opportunities
- Dedicated Clinical Lead who is there to support you every step along the way
- The whole company is on Microsoft Teams which means you can call, message or video chat with anyone across the country
- Clinical Support Channel: ask de-identified client questions and get responses from the national clinical team any time
- Bi-Weekly All-Company meetings: find out what is happening in the business, ask questions, or provide feedback
- Weekly Virtual Water Cooler chats: meet people from outside your team and chat!
- We value professional growth – all new positions are posted internally for current contractors and employees to apply
- Do you know someone who would be a great addition to our team? Refer them and you may be eligible for a referral bonus
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Permanent
Salary: From $60,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Master's Degree (Required)
- Member of Nova Scotia College of Social Workers (Required)