Join the Acden Team!
Not just a job opportunity; a career with a purpose!
At Acden, we prioritize safety above all and part of that safety is putting individuals in the right role. We don’t want you to just survive in your environment, we want you to thrive. Join our supportive team of skilled individuals today.
Ultrasonic Technician Trainee
Competition #: AT-2018-191
We are currently accepting applications for one (1) Ultrasonic Technician Trainee to support our oil sands client. This position is located at the Suncor Base Plant site. This is a local position. Candidates will need to have their own accommodations within the region. This position will consist of 7 days on/ 7 days off; 12-hour day shifts. However, hours, location and schedules may change due to operational and client requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Stack and Lay out scaffolding, critical parts, equipment and material.
- Wash or pressure wash scaffolding, critical parts, equipment and material.
- Complete daily shop and yard clean up duties.
- Operate a variety of equipment (i.e., pressure washer, overhead crane, forklift).
- Conduct basic fault finding on all equipment utilised.
- Duties as they may arise that would fulfill mandate of providing ultrasonic cleaning services.
- Preference will be given to those who possess a valid Alberta Forklift Ticket and Valid Alberta Overhead Crane and Rigging Ticket.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers Licence (must have).
o You must submit, at the time of application, a 5-year Driver’s Abstract that is not more than 30 days old. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of your application. The Driver’s Abstract must be for a 5-year period and have been obtained within the last 30 days.
- Ability to read and write English with excellent comprehension skills.
- Large focus on Safety in the work place.
- Experience in an industrial position is an asset.
- Basic fault-finding skills.
- Basic understanding of electrical principles.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Works well with others.
- Ability to follow direction.
- Strong team player skills but the ability to work independently.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds, must be physically fit, position involves constant walking, bending and carrying of materials.
- Comprehensive Drug, Alcohol, and Audiometric pre-employment tests.
- CSTS-09 and OSSA certificates or OSSA BSO certificate.
- Valid Class 5 Operator’s Licence with a clean abstract.
- Eligibility to work on all oil sands sites in the wood buffalo region.
- Competitive Industry Wage.
- Competitive Benefits (including health, dental, vision, short & long-term disability and life insurance).
- Opportunity to participate in Acden’s Group Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) Contribution.
Interested candidates are invited to complete our online application. In order to be considered, you must upload your resume.
This posting will remain open until the suitable candidate is found. We would like to thank all who apply; however, only candidates that are being considered will be contacted.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate on the online application and in their cover letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people (including ACFN, MCFN, FMFN, and Métis), women, visible minorities and persons with a disability.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- industrial labouring: 1 year (Preferred)
- oilsands site experience do you have: 1 year (Preferred)
- Ability to work in a diverse workforce (Preferred)
- A 5-year Driver’s Abstract that is not more than 30 days old (Required)
- Are you in Fort McMurray, AB (Preferred)
- Do you speak and write effectively in English (Preferred)
- Alberta Overhead Crane and Rigging Ticket (Preferred)
- Alberta Forklift Ticket (Required)
- Unrestricted from accessing all regional oil sands sites (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers Licence (must have). (Required)