Stettler Sales and Rentals Ltd. caters to a wide variety of customers, providing them with top-quality equipment to complete their jobs on time and on budget.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team who enjoys being challenged, has a positive attitude and a genuine zest for life. We are a unique company who greatly values its employees and are looking for someone who shares our values of putting others first and working together to best serve our customers. We are looking for an individual who gets fulfillment through problem solving, helping others, and working as a team.
The Customer Service Mechanic & Driver will handle general maintenance of equipment and some equipment deliveries and pick-ups. Regular tasks are assisting customers with equipment pick-ups and returns, maintaining and keeping our yard and shop clean and organized, cleaning and servicing equipment; which involves some mechanical work, driving a 1 ton flat deck truck (with trailer) or 3 ton to deliver rental equipment to job sites in and around the Stettler area, as well as possible transfers between our two locations (Cochrane/Stettler).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs safety and maintenance checks
- Practices workplace safety
- Check all equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliance.
- Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor in order to facilitate prompt correction or reporting.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance.
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation.
- Deliver and pick-up equipment to sites in Stettler and area
- Loading of equipment onto truck, including handling various equipment such as manlifts, skid steers and all items shown on our website
- Proper tie down of all equipment on the truck
- Demonstrate basic operation of equipment with customer
- Interact with customers in a professional manner
- Inspect equipment condition
- Minor upkeep and cleaning of equipment
- Clean, service and refuel equipment
- Keep shop and work area clean and organized
- Maintain active communication with other staff members regarding in and out rentals
- Maintain flexibility in daily routine to adapt with a changing schedule
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Decision making and judgment
- Operating Equipment
- Providing Consultation
- Ethics and Integrity
- Planning and Organizing
- Team Work
Qualifications and Skills
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver's license with a clean record
- Multiple years of driving experience is an asset
- Experience with routine maintenance operations.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Ability to work independently, as well as a team
- Forklift or skid steer operating experience is preferred
- Experience operating various types of small-engine equipment
- Experience in customer service is an asset
- Experience in construction, landscaping, or agriculture industries is an asset
- First Aid/CPR is considered an asset
- Forklift Certification is considered an asset
- WHMIS is considered an asset
- Regular full time hours, with availability to be on call for after hours customer service
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Safety equipment is required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, gloves etc.
- Overtime as required.
- Hazards associated with the trade.
- Work both indoors and outdoors.
- May be exposed to construction sites.
- Full Time – Seasonal (with potential for permanent)
- Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience
If you are a driven individual that is looking for a rewarding career we would love to hear from you! We offer a great benefits program, competitive compensation, an excellent employee discount program, and much more. Please submit a detailed resume and cover letter for consideration.
Job Type: Full-time
- driving: 3 years (Preferred)
- Mechanical Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)
- English (Required)