Chant Group is a full-service program, project and construction management company. We provide a wide range of heavy civil engineering and electrical infrastructure design and construction services. Our principal focus is the power generation and transmission industry. We also provide program, project and construction management services to non-power customers where Chant’s people, their skill sets, and corporate systems bring value to a project delivery process.
Chant is a firm that promotes and practices honesty, integrity, respect for the individual and successful long-term relationships with our people, colleagues, customers and the communities in which we work. We are our clients’ construction management services provider of choice through our ability to bring value to projects and by exceeding our client’s specifications and expectations.
As an Estimator at Chant you will play an important role in the project’s success. Your primary function is to assemble our cost estimates accurately and precisely. You will have a wide range of technical and administrative duties and work mainly in the home office based in Aurora and occasionally in our project sites, which may require overnight travel.
Why should you work for us?
· Room for growth
· Remuneration is competitive and will be a function of experience and tenure
· Full benefit package
· Vacation benefits
· Assists in the project acquisition process
· Review of construction documents, specifications, drawings, and scope of work
· Perform detailed quantity take-offs
· Assemble detailed estimates with labour, material, equipment and subcontractor
· Prepare construction schedules
· Providing necessary project management support
· Administration of document management
· Commit to ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System
· Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering or a combination of education and industry experience
· Passion for working in the heavy civil construction industry
· Minimum one (1) year estimating and/or scheduling experience
· Must be proficient in AutoCAD
· Positive attitude and flexibility
· Committed to health and safety
· Able to build and maintain positive relationships with team members, stakeholders and communicate information effectively
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Estimating software experience would be an asset
· Preference will be given to candidates who are legally able to work in Canada
Job Type: Full-time
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Required)
- Construction Estimating or Scheduling: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)