4 Positions Available
Compensation: $23.13 per hour as per Community Living Collective Agreement
Position 1: Residential Services Facilitator (Full Time Permanent)
Burnaby, Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri 1-9pm; Sat 10am-6pm; Class 5 DL with basic ASL
Position 2: Residential Services Facilitator (Full Time Permanent)
Vancouver, Sun 2-10pm; Mon/Wed/Thu 1-9pm; Tue 8am-4pm; Class 4 DL and Healthcare Education Certificate required
Position 3: Residential Services Facilitator (Full Time Permanent)
Burnaby, Sun 8am-4pm; Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu 1-9pm; Class 4 DL and Healthcare Education Certificate required
Position 4: Residential Services Facilitator (Full Time Permanent)
Coquitlam, Tue/Wed/Thu 12-8pm; Fri/Sat 9am-5pm; Class 4 DL and Healthcare Education Certificate required
The Residential Services Facilitator ensures that staff teams meet or exceed acceptable standards of service delivery to people with disabilities. The RSF is in charge of daily operations, some administration and some scheduling in a residential home. An RSF is part of the Bargaining Unit and is accountable to the Team Leader.
- Ensure that persons’ served physical, emotional, social, educational, medical needs are met
- Participate in assessment, goal setting, and service planning
- Document, implement and provide input in evaluation of programs
- Assist the Team Leader in providing orientation, training, work direction, and guidance to Community Support Workers
- Create and communicate staff schedules
- Identify recreational and educational services in the community
- Monitor and authorize house/program expenditures and maintain financial records accordingly.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 2 years recent related leadership experience with Class 4/5 Driver's Licenseand reliable vehicle required.
- A diploma or certificate in human services or a related discipline.
- A strong commitment to the philosophy and values of posThis includes a commitment to inclusive community living for persons with mental or physical challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with persons’ served.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of health professionals and with families.
- Ability to use and develop alternative language programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Maturity, tact, good judgment and problem-solving abilities, reliability, consistency and initiative.
- Knowledge of computers and word-processing programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong administrative skills.
- Ability to work with individuals with Autism and/or challenging behaviours.
- Behaviour management training or experience.
- Familiarity with epilepsy and seizure management.
- Familiarity with the resources available in the New Westminster area.
- Familiarity with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome or Effect (FAS/E)
- Own vehicle with business insurance and $3,000,000 liability
- Experience working with individuals who have complex health care needs.
Who are We?
posAbilitiesassists persons with developmental disabilities to lead meaningful and healthy lives by partnering with the community to provide a comprehensive range of person-centered services for individuals and the families who care for them.
Interested parties please apply with your resume via our website at www.posAbilities.ca/careers or via email to careers@posAbilities.ca. Please note, while we would like to connect with everyone interested in this position, only applicants chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $23.13 /hour
- Class 5 Drivers License (Preferred)