Legacy Co-op is seeking a self-motivated, dynamic and strategically focused Finance Manager to join our Senior Leadership team in Yorkton, SK.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the execution of all Financial Management and Auditing practices, and provide leadership in strategic planning, projections and goal setting for a $100+M retail operation.
- You will be a key member of the Senior Leadership Team and responsible for supporting the organization in financial leadership ensuring balanced growth and profitability strategies are planned, communicated and achieved.
- Oversee annual budget development, approval, financial reporting and year end.
- You will ensure financial management procedures are in place for all purchasing, capital expenditures, cash management, equity and insurance functions.
- You will ensure internal audits and loss prevention policies are adhered to.
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
- You have a CPA, CA, CMA designation or equivalent education
- 5 years’ experience as a Finance Manager or equivalent related experience
- 8+ years of progressively responsible experience preferably in a retail environment; however, we are willing to train the right person
- 5 years of experience leading technical or professional staff
- Excellent understanding and familiarity with brand building and brand management
- Knowledge of ethical business practices and associated regulations
- Proven team leader who is flexible, adaptable and provides coaching and development to team members
- You’re honest and trustworthy, are results-oriented and strive to be the best in what you do.
- You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives
Legacy Co-op offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes extended health, dental, life insurance, long term disability, and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- finance manager: 5 years (Preferred)