Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services. The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than two decades MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
Benefits of working at MCW:
- The opportunity to work on significant, innovative, and sustainable projects
- Career development opportunities, including mentorship and training
- Collaboration with team members across Canada
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- RRSP matching
- Professional development fees covered
The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Provide leadership in distribution design and construction support services to Electric Utility Clients and Developers for overhead and underground distribution projects including; new service connections, rebuilds and relocates of existing facilities, maintenance programs, customer build projects, and/or system improvement projects.
- As part of MCW’s quality program, provide peer review for design, review of engineering, studies and field inspection, test reports for protection, control, and metering, arcflash, as well as grounding systems.
- Meet with clients and stake holders, including land owners, MoTI, Municipal Government, First Nations, Fisheries, etc. when required to complete the design assignments.
- Participate in diverse multidisciplinary project teams including provincial, municipal and city road and highway departments, developers, line contractors, surveyors and other stakeholders.
- Strong software skills are a key requirement, along with an excellent work knowledge in mechanics, materials, applied physics and electrical theory.
- Work within a variety of the drawing managements systems as determined by MCW and their clients
- Work with company and client standards as applicable
- Be knowledgeable of industry standards
- Provide mentorship and training to junior staff
- Perform all duties accurately and efficiently in order to deliver quality product/service on schedule
- Duties may require periodic travel to work sites for varying periods of time in order to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Overtime as required
- Electrical Engineering Technology Diploma from an accredited institution or equivalent with a relevant combination of experience.
- Eight (8) years for Senior level, and four (4) years for Intermediate level of related work experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with clients and co-workers in clear, concise, and courteous fashion.
- Exercise flexibility in handling multiple assignments with changing priorities.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, OneNote).
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Team and client-focused, with excellent leadership capabilities.
The ideal candidate demonstrates a high energy level, is motivated, and a team player.
It would be advantageous if the candidate is proficient in:
- The operation of Utility Geographic Information Systems (GIS) based applications.
- Current working, or has worked with BC Hydro’s DAD and Passport systems.
- Working use of AutoCAD and Bluebeam.
- Experience working in an engineering services environment.
In order to be successful in this position, the incumbent will be expected to possess the following competencies:
Achievement Orientation – Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results to help others meet and exceed the organization’s standards
Attention to Detail – Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner in order to recognize less obvious information
Teamwork – Working collaboratively with others to foster teamwork and achieve organizational goals
Using Information Technology – Using software and information technology to compliment one’s base knowledge in cases where limited information and resources are available to accomplish one's work
Resilience – Remaining energized and focused in the face of occasional ambiguity, change or strenuous work demands
Planning and Organizing – Developing, implementing, evaluating and adjusting own plans and activities to reach goals, while ensuring the optimal use of resources
Initiative – Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently by identifying the immediate action needed and seizing the opportunities that arise
Information Management – Demonstrating basic knowledge and ability and, with guidance using appropriate procedures to collect, organize, retrieve, maintain and disseminate information
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
MCW Group of Companies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.