We’re on a critical path for growth, and we want to optimize our awesome team with the addition of a skillful Project Planner.
As the Project Planner, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Take the lead in developing and maintaining project schedule(s) in collaboration with project managers and with inputs from Engineering, Business Development, subcontractors and clients;
- Ensure project schedule activities are assigned to the project work breakdown structure for Cost/Schedule integration and analysis;
- Define and optimize critical paths, perform total float analysis and notify Project Management Office of status of critical activities and schedule risks;
- Liaise with project team regarding scheduling activities and assisting them in determining schedule priorities;
- Perform schedule risk analysis (gather data, input data, analyze, report) on a periodic basis or as required; and
- Provide recommendations for corrective action due to delays in certain aspects of the project.
What You’ll Need In Your Toolkit:
- Minimum four years’ experience working in an engineering or construction environment as a project planner with demonstrated understanding of resource loading, schedule risk analysis and earned value management;
- Minimum three years’ experience with a project management scheduling software such as Primavera;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and critical thinking;
- Proven ability to work with a team to sustain and improve project performance;
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with diverse groups such as customers, vendors, and officials at all levels;
- Quality focus with an attention to detail;
- Handle multiple priorities with independence and good judgment; and
- Knowledge of a shipyard production environment would be an asset.
Why You’ll Love Working With Us
Working for us is good for you. Really!
Our collaborative, fun and team-focused workspace is designed to give everyone a voice & the opportunity to make meaningful contributions.
We’re an employee-owned company that’s used ourselves as guinea pigs in researching what makes a 5-star workplace. It’s always evolving, but these are some of the joys we’re using to keep the pep in our step:
The ‘What You’d Expect’ Stuff
- Attractive compensation
- RRSP matching program
- Comprehensive group insurance plan
- Vacation, discretionary days, and yay-cation days- because who doesn’t like extra vacation time?
- Employee profit-sharing plan and share ownership plan
- Relocation assistance provided
The ‘Let Us Surprise You’ Stuff
- $1000/yr wellness incentive to buy whatever makes you happy
- Our new gym is your new gym
- Group stretch breaks
- An outstanding commitment to training, development, career growth & opportunity
- Quiet rooms where you can take a break, dim the lights, and re-charge
- Random appearances by ice cream and/or food trucks
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll notice that our rock ‘em sock’em coffee machine will eliminate the need for a morning coffee run. You’ll be invited to enjoy assorted extras such as Genoa swag, values points, team-building events, treat trolley, catered lunches and a snack-filled state of the art kitchen. Feel free to write on the walls, too. Just sayin’.
Applications must be submitted via Genoa's jobs inbox. Please include competition number 2019 PP 038 in the subject line. Closing date is October 31-2019
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Planning: 4 years (Preferred)