Primary Packing Expert
Mary Macleod's Shortbread
- Prepare Primary containers as per company policy;
- Prepare and apply Nutrition Labels on all products as per CFIA regulations;
- Packaging cookies according to established standards and measures;
- Sealing containers/primary product packaging;
- Support the food safety program by raising and resolving non-complaint product related issues.
- Inventory management of primary packaging componentry;
- Keep your work area clean and tidy at all times.
- Maintain a safe working environment by following company procedures and rules.
- Understanding and following Food Safety and Quality Assurance procedures;
- Participating in improving manufacturing productivity, standards and quality controls;
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working in a Food manufacturing environment;
- Packing Dexterity;
- Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, along with simple mathematical abilities;
- Ability to understand and execute instructions accurately;
- Familiarity with CFIA labeling regulations;
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Flexible to work days, evenings and weekends if needed;
- Working Knowledge of GMP’s, HACCP and OHSA would be an asset.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to Lift up to 50lbs.
- Experience of working in a BRC environment would be an asset
- Organized and meticulous;
- Proactive problem solver;
- Strong work ethic;
- Integrity and personal accountability;
- Committed to quality;
- Effective communicator.
Credentials and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED),
- Supervisory experience, preferably in Food container prep or production.
- Experience working in a Food manufacturing environment, preferably in gourmet food and baked goods/cookies;
Hours of work: Monday - Friday, 10 am to 6:30 pm.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent