Harbour Cities Veterinary Hospital is hiring!!
As a Registered Veterinary Technician at Harbour Cities, you will be joining a team of dedicated professionals who are committed to providing the highest quality care to our patients. All staff members at our hospital are Fear Free Certified, which means that we prioritize the emotional wellbeing of our patients and strive to make their visits as stress-free as possible.
We are looking for an individual with strong anticipation skills, proactivity, and the ability to be a self-starter. Our ideal candidate will be able to work independently while also being a team player.
At Harbour Cities, we pride ourselves on our modern facility and state-of-the-art equipment, which allows us to provide the best possible care to our patients. We offer a wide range of services, including preventive care, diagnostics, surgery, and emergency medicine.
In addition to working in a modern facility with a supportive team, living in Nova Scotia offers a unique work-life balance. With beautiful scenery, outdoor activities, and a welcoming community, you'll never be short of things to do. Nova Scotia is also home to some of the best seafood in the world, as well as a thriving arts and culture scene.
If you're ready to take the next step in your career and join a team of dedicated professionals who prioritize the emotional wellbeing of their patients, apply today to become a Registered Veterinary Technician at Harbour Cities Veterinary Hospital in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
About the Role
Our candidate must have:
We are seeking candidates who possess the following qualities:
- Animal Health Technician / Veterinary Technician Diploma
- Experienced Technician (1 to 2 years of experience preferred)
- New Grads are welcome to apply!
- (Note: Mentorship will be limited and may be only tech in practice at times)
- Passed the VTNE or will soon be passing the VTNE
- Good standing with their provincial regulatory association
WHAT WE OFFER
- Well-developed critical thinking skills
- Versatile and adaptable when presented with day-to-day challenges
- Independent and confident worker
- Collaborative, dependable and a good team player
- Driven by their career with a passion for learning
Harbour Cities Veterinary Hospital
- Competitive compensation (Starting $17-$24/h, depending on experience)
- Flexible Schedule (Monday to Friday Work Week)
- Annual Performance Reviews and ability to develop in your profession
- Various Team Building Activities
- Paid Fear Free Certification
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Continuing education allowance + Access to exclusive webinars and CE events
- Health and dental plus a fantastic EAP, access to Telus Health telemedicine & loads of other benefit perks
- RRSP package with matching
- Commitment to the community and to helping pets in need through the Oscar Fund activities
- AMAZING medical and pet supply discounts
- And much more!!
is part of the VetStrategy
group of clinics. A career with VetStrategy
is anything but ordinary! Our work is something we’re truly excited about. Every day, we make an impact on the lives of others with veterinary care backed by a team of professionals who love what they do.
From Vancouver Island to Newfoundland, we have opportunities across Canada to fuel your passion. The possibilities are endless for you to do the most meaningful work of your career. Let us help you find your perfect role.
There are jobs and then there’s us. This is your moment to do the kind of work you find meaningful. Grab the opportunity to challenge yourself, push boundaries and learn new skills. Surround yourself with peers who will inspire you, and be inspired by you, to shape the future of veterinary care.
You’ll be part of a team that supports professional development and you’ll be provided with opportunities to grow throughout your career.