Hours of Work:
Rotating Shifts & Extended Hours
Time of Day:
Days, Afternoons, Evenings, Weekends, Holidays
8hr, 10hr, 12hr
The Registered Nurse (RN) is a regulated health care professional who adheres to and models the Standards and Guidelines of the College of Nurses of Ontario; the SJHH mission, vision and values, policies and procedures; and applicable specialty standards. The RN provides patient/client-centred and evidence informed care to promote health and assess the need for the provision of care and the treatment of health conditions by supportive, preventative, therapeutic, palliative and rehabilitation means in order to attain or maintain optimal patient/client function. The RN collaborates with the inter-professional team and assumes a leadership role in the delivering a full range of care and treatment to patient/clients including those with complex needs, high acuity and less predictable outcomes.
HOURS OF WORK:
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- BScN preferred.
- Current BCLS/HCP certification required
- Demonstrated knowledge, sensitivity and expertise in the care of seniors and their families
- Gentle Persuasive Approach training preferred
- RNAO, CNA or other professional association membership preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of current experience
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and judgement required to provide a full range of care and treatment in the clinical area of practice to patients/clients including those with complex needs, high acuity and less predictable outcomes required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively with patients/clients and families required.
- Demonstrated ability to practice collaboratively and communicate clearly with members of the interdisciplinary team to provide care for a full range of patients/clients required.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and organize work in response to patient/client and unit needs.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning, professional development and continuous quality improvement required.
- Demonstrated basic skill level with computers, MS Word, incident reporting systems, internet searches, data entry and patient information systems required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill related to crisis intervention and conflict resolution required.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, problem solving, critical thinking, team building and interpersonal skills required.
Rotating shifts and extended hours, including weekends
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
St. Joseph’s Nursing Vision is to make a difference in the lives of those we care for, our organization, and the future of our community through achievement of excellence in nursing and commitment to a culture of nursing innovation, empowerment, leadership and accountability.