The Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87 invites applications for the position of Asset Management Technician. The successful candidate will join our Asset Management team and be reporting to the Asset Management Officer.
With a population of just under 12,000, the Municipal District of Bonnyville (www.md.bonnyville.ab.ca) is located in the northeastern part of the Province of Alberta. The M.D. neighbors the City of Cold Lake, the Town of Bonnyville, the Summer Villages of Bonnyville Beach and Pelican Narrows, the Métis Settlements of Elizabeth and Fishing Lake, Cold Lake First Nation, Kehewin Cree Nation, and the Village of Glendon. The Canadian Air Force Base ‘Cold Lake’ is also located within M.D. boundaries and is one of two Air Force bases in the Canada that stations the CF-18 Hornet fighter jets as well as the soon to be arriving F-35s.
The M.D. office is located in the Town of Bonnyville which is approximately 240 kms northeast of Edmonton along Highway #28. Predominant industries influencing the M.D. include agriculture, forestry, oil and gas/energy, utilities, and recreation.
In addition to Cold Lake, Moose Lake and Crane Lake, there are numerous lakes and campgrounds and recreation amenities including the Kinosoo Ridge Resort managed by the M.D. and the Province of Alberta.
Compensation: $40.01 - $48.47 per hour
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development, coordination, and maintenance of the many aspects of a municipal Asset Management Program.
- Create and administer an asset management inventory database and registry for all municipal assets using GIS tools, service and work order systems, financial reporting systems, asset management software, and other data management tools.
- Research and assembly of existing data records from various staff members, departments and media including hard copy files, GIS systems, excel spreadsheets, and other sources.
- Assist with the training of municipal staff on newly established asset management processes and on their roles in collecting and using the data.
- Create and provide various asset management reports regarding the many aspects involved with the management of capital infrastructure.
- Assist in the development and implementation of asset management policies, plans, and procedures.
- Transfer written data to electronic data where applicable.
- Complete other duties within the scope of the position, as required.
- Diploma or Degree in a relevant discipline (Business, finance, civil engineering, surveying, GIS) from an accredited College or University, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Asset Management certifications and/or professional development training.
- Certification in the field of information management systems (i.e. asset management systems, GIS, or financial systems) is considered an asset.
- Two - three years of experience in developing and maintaining capital infrastructure records and/or inventories.
- Municipal or provincial government experience is considered an asset.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with MS Office.
- Knowledge of ESRI software is considered an asset.
- Must be professional and reliable with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- A valid class 5 driver's license is required.
Please visit md.bonnyville.ab.ca/jobs.aspx for a full job description.
All interested applicants are invited to submit their resume, in confidence to:
Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87
Attn: Human Resources
Postal Bag 1010
Bonnyville, Alberta T9N 2J7
Closing Date: June 05, 2023
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40.01-$48.47 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-06-05