Goodwill Industries is a non-profit social enterprise that provides work opportunities, skills development, and employee and family strengthening for people who face barriers such as disability or social disadvantage. The aim is to advance individuals, families and communities toward economic self-sufficiency and prosperity.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes, one of five regional Goodwills in Canada, serves communities across Ontario, and employs over 1,000 people on a variety of social enterprise work platforms. The organization is positioned for accelerated growth and is aiming to create 900 new jobs over the next five years.
Recycling Warehouse Associate
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, this position provides overall support to warehouse operations. The Warehouse Associate will support Goodwill's goals of diverting goods from the landfill and helping to sustain the environment, while fulfilling our mission of changing lives through the power of Work.
The successful candidate will have a flexible schedule and will be open to progressing within the organization.
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintain the storage and flow of donated goods
- Sort and make decisions regarding salvage, stock for outlet store, garbage and materials
- Perform sorting of scrap metal and e-waste
- Loading/unloading of company trucks in a safe and efficient manner
- Operate the baler for bulk packaging of material
- Conducting minor repairs as required
- Perform other related activities as necessary or as assigned
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Basic math skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Active listening
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving and decision making
- Enthusiasm & Initiative
- Ability to work in a Team environment
- High school diploma an asset.
- Experience working with the public and in a Customer Service role
- Experience working with material moving equipment
- Join an organization that is dedicated to helping people who face barriers to employment and committed to sustainability and reducing environmental impact
- Social enterprise that is positioned for accelerated growth
- Continue developing your skills and expanding your network in a busy, challenging and creative working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Work in an open environment with various work spaces and collaboration areas
- Receive a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefit plan, including health, dental, and vision
Goodwill Industries is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary