Sealy Tutoring is a tutoring company that specializes in Math and Science tutoring services for high school and first-year university students. We offer a variety of programs to suit student needs, including 1-on-1 tutoring, and Final Exam Review Courses. Over the past 10 years, Sealy Tutoring has focused on offering programs and services that are engaging, fun, and ultimately help our students reach their goals and succeed in their courses.
Sealy Tutoring is seeking out candidates for a part-time tutoring position in Calgary. The successful candidate will:
- be in the process of completing, or have recently completed, an undergraduate or graduate degree in math, chemistry, physics, biology, engineering, education, or a similar discipline.
- have a strong familiarity with the AB high school curriculum for any / all of math, chemistry, physics and biology.
- be professional, personable, easy-going, and enthusiastic while they work with students.
- be able to work independently with minimal direction, and also work well in a team setting.
- be able and willing to travel to students for 1-on-1 sessions within Calgary.
- be available to work evenings and weekends, 10 - 20 hours per week.
In addition, the following would be an asset for any candidate:
- having previous tutoring experience (2+ years), either independently or with a tutoring company, and have minimum 2 references that can speak to their success as a tutor.
- having previous experience working with high school students (camps, mentoring, etc).
If you meet or exceed these criteria, please send a response with your resume and a cover letter describing your tutoring experience, and why you would be a great candidate for this position.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 10-20 per week
Salary: $16.00-$25.00 per hour
We have detailed COVID-19 protocols that are designed to protect both our students and our tutors. Those can be found on our website.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- teaching: 1 year (preferred)
- tutoring: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person