Grande Yellowhead Public School Division No. 77 in partnership with Aspen Collaborative Services is currently seeking a full-time (1.0 FTE) Occupational Therapist. Duties to commence as soon as possible.
Guided by the Division's vision, mission, beliefs, values, and goals, the Occupational Therapist will assist and report to the Director – Inclusive Learning in fulfilling the general and specific aspects of the role.
The purpose of this position is to serve as part of the Grande Yellowhead Public School Division School-Linked Team. This is an exciting opportunity to participate as part of a team in delivering support services to pre-school and school aged children. This team participates in frequent group consultations and have traditionally accessed numerous regional and national professional development activities.
Aspen Collaborative Services offers regional supports and services designed to support children and youth in their learning and well-being. As a member of this team, you will partner with colleagues in Education, Health, Human Services and our community partners to promote success for children and youth.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Provide universal, targeted and individualized supports and services as a member of the School Linked Team.
- Provide a flexible approach to service delivery adjusting to the diverse and changing needs of the child and family.
- Provide consultative supports and services that promote academic and social inclusion
- Support and develop a strength-based model of services
- Deliver services to several school districts in the region
- Deliver supports and services in a geographic area that serves the areas of Evansburg to Jasper and Grande Cache as well as smaller communities in between these locations
- Handle other duties as assigned by the Director – Inclusive Learning.
Preference will be given to applicants who possess:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s of Science in Occupational Therapy
- Membership or be eligible to register with Alberta College of Occupational Therapists (ACOT)
- Minimum of one year experience with the school-age population (preferable)
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle
Please visit http://www.gypsd.cafor more information about our schools.
Grande Yellowhead Public School Division (GYPSD) stretches from Jasper National Park, east to Evansburg, south of Cadomin, and northwest to Grande Cache. The jurisdiction includes 17 schools, 5 Learning Connection Centres, approximately 5000 students and 600 staff. The Division is governed by seven elected Trustees.
The Board’s three priorities are:
- Student Learning
- Teaching and Leadership Excellence
- Community Engagement
The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Please submit a cover letter and resume and a copy of relevant educational qualifications/certifications. Resume must highlight professional qualifications, relevant training and experience, and three current references that provide permission to contact. Relocation assistance will be considered.
In accordance with Board Policy, the successful applicant will be required to provide the following:
- a Vulnerable Sector Check
- a Child Intervention Record Check
Thank you in advance to all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time