Activo is a national IP infrastructure and Technology Integrator. With Offices across Canada Activo offers a broad suite of solutions to its customers ranging from Cloud based service to Infrastructure Construction, including National Rollouts.
About the Job:
Activo is looking to hire cabling technicians in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, London, Waterloo, Toronto, Ottawa, and Quebec for a National project.
The Project Team is looking to hire approximately 100 cable technicians consisting of Senior Cabling Technician (3 – 5 years’ experience), Intermediate Cabling Technicians (2 – 3 years’ experience) and Junior Cable Technicians (1 – 2 years’ experience) for this project.
All applicants must be experienced installing, terminating and testing 4pr Cat 6 UTP cabling infrastructure.
This project will run from approximately November 2017 to April 2018 with a potential black out period Dec1-Jan15. Work will be completed at specified locations across Canada. Work Schedule will be from Sunday night to Thursday night each week between the hours of approximately 10:30 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. with Friday/Saturday off. Technicians will work five (5) 8 hour shifts facilitating fulltime employment of forty (40) hours per week while on this project. Technicians will work in teams of 4 – 6 technicians with one technician being a designated Lead Technician responsible for delivery.
Technicians involved in this project will be required to travel regionally and potentially provincially resulting extended times away from home regions.
- Read blueprints,
- Work at heights or in confined spaces,
- Complete and maintain test and service records.
- Follow daily task completion requirements
- Technicians Owned Tools/Equipment: Copper Termination Tools, Green Patch Steel-toed Safety Boots, Approved Hard Hat, Safety glasses/goggles
- Must comply with Strict Safety Policy
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Both Indoor and Outdoor, at heights.
- Fast-paced environment.
- Tight deadlines.
- Physically demanding.
- Attention to detail.
- Work Activities with be combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, kneeling.
- Fluent Verbal/Written English Communication.
- Working with others.
- Problem solving.
- Decision making.
- Job task planning and organizing.
- Significant use of memory; locating Information using various tools.
- Computer use.
- Continuous learning.
- Manufacturers Installation Certification (Copper/Fiber) an asset
- Valid Drivers License Record required
- Criminal Record Check Required
- Ability to distinguish between Colors
- WHMIS Certificate would be an asset
- Working at Heights Certificate would be an asset
- Manlift Operator Certificate would be an asset
- Occupational Health and Safety Act Safety 4 Steps Worker Health & Safety Awareness Certificate
- Other Provincially Mandated Safety courses would be an asset
- Experience installing WAP, Network Hardware would be an asset
- Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Disability Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, Group Insurance Benefits after 180 day probation period.
- Senior Cable Technician $30.00\Hr, Intermediate Cable Technician $25.00\Hr. and a Junior Cabling Technician $20.00\Hr
- All rates include an hourly Night Shift Premium.
Job Type: Full-time
- Infrastructure Cable Technician: 2 years (Required)
- Vancouver, BC (Required)
- Valid Drivers License (Required)
- English (Required)