In support of the Mission, Vision and Values of Concours Mold Incorporated, the Machine Setupis responsible setting up steel blocks in machine presses, maintaining work material, housekeeping, and packaging within the Machine department for Concours Mold. Reporting to the Machine Manager, the Machine Setupensures quality is a priority each and every time while also supporting the Machinists to achieve deadlines and customer satisfaction.
- Using the overhead crane to transport molds / mold components throughout the shop and prepare them for production. (weight up to 50,000lbs)
- Using the forklift to transport molds / mold components throughout the shop and prepare them for production (weight up to 5,000lbs)
- Operating roughing CNC machines, rotating carbides, dumping full steel chip bins outside with the forklift
- Perform fork lift and over head crane inspections (training is provided)
- Assisting CNC machine operators in setting up molds / mold components onto their CNC machine for production
- Sweeping and moping the shop floor
- Follow health and safety rules and regulations
- High school or equivalent is required
- Minimum 2 years of experience required
- Work within timelines and ensure quality standards are met
- Forklift License
- Overhead Crane
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains safe operations by keeping work area clean and organized and by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Maintains equipment by completing basic preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; initiating repair work orders.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing required paper and/or electronic logs
- Participate in required meetings and training.
In accordance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Concours Mold Inc. will provide accommodations when requested by the employee. When the employee becomes aware of any disabilities that would affect them from performing their duties they will advise Concours Mold Inc. if accommodation is required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Machine Setup: 3 years (Required)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- English (Required)