Minhas Lawyers LLP is looking for Immigration Law Clerk with over 5 year experience.
We are seeking an Immigration Law clerk who can work independently, is capable of business development and has extensive knowledge of all categories of immigration. Salary is negotiable based on experience.
- Lead business development activities including, attract and interview potential clients, Secure client contracts, engage and onboard clients.
- Develop and manage a case-load from beginning to end
- Supervise junior staff & ensure all cases are handled with precision and care.
- Collect information and documentation from the applicant or client, and ensure that communications are responded to within 24-48 business hours;
- Check for updates on processing requirements and timelines at the appropriate government organizations;
- Prepare case-specific legal arguments and submissions and complete application packages, including submissions, forms, and supporting documents;
- Make appropriate revisions to drafts as needed and obtain approval from the applicant or client upon finalization;
- Ensure that applications are filed in a timely manner and that deadlines are being met;
- Update and maintain internal Client Management Software systems and databases on a daily basis to ensure that all communication records are available and organized; and
- Notify clients of upcoming extensions, and changes in processes or procedures.
- over 5 years experience; experience as an immigration law clerk, visa officer, CBSA officer is preferred
- track record of business development
- Canadian immigration legal knowledge
- Capacity to handle complex immigration applications independently;
- Understand a variety of immigration processing categories and requirements for each category;
- Sound knowledge of LMIA’s, LMIA Owner Operators, Family Class; Spousal Category, Humanitarian & Compassionate Ground, Refugee Claim, Intra-Company Transfer Work Permits, Business Visitor, Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker Applications; Provincial nomination, Express Entry, and other immigration matters;
- Experience navigating through Canadian government websites, ensuring cases are prepared in accordance to specific geographical policies and procedures;
- Ability to work with a high volume of immigration matters and cases independently;
- Experience managing client communications and ensuring that expectations are being both set and met through effective correspondence and instruction;
- Prior experience ensuring the highest quality of customer service and professional services are being carried out.
Job Type: Full-time
- immigration: 5 years (Required)
- Secondary or post secondary.
- Mississauga, ON
- English (Required)
- French (Asset)
Job Types: Full-time, Commission, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year