Main Duties & Responsibilities:
● Unloading and organizing the contents of the Festival Trailer within Base Camp
● Meet and greet the dedicated truck-unload and organize all new collateral with the Delivery Inventory Manager
● Work with Delivery Inventory Manager to locate all deliveries arriving for festival
● Gather, count and verify inventory of previous race collateral that traveled with the production trailers as well as new shipments
● Communicate with the Festival Manager and Delivery Inventory Manager, if there is any missing inventory via the daily report.
● Organize and transport (operate a skid) zone collateral in its entirety as tents and zones are assembled
● Ensure that all collateral is protected from the elements, weatherproofed and stored on any open trailer, closest to Base Camp until deployment
● Maintain a high tempo management style with volunteers to ensure the productivity and efficiency among the labor force is optimal during build week and race day(s)
● Manage support staff in an efficient and deliberate manner through delegation of tasks
● Help with the completion of all festival zone checklists (Bag Check, Merchandise, Shade Tents, Finish, Start, etc.)
● Inventory all outgoing collateral and label boxes with date, contents and quantity on all four sides
● Inventory all staff t-shirts and volunteer t-shirts kept in the cage following the event
● Create packing slips and shipping labels for all collateral being shipped out
● Communicate with Festival Manager and Delivery Inventory Manager any shipping information necessary for freight (dimensions, contents, number of boxes and destination)
● Help the festival team to load all festival materials back into the festival trailer after being provided a load plan by the Festival Manager.
- This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, however, it does not restrict other tasks that may be assigned.
● Have experience as a manager in a high pace environment
● Have experience operating machinery, or be willing to learn
● Be comfortable traveling up to 50+ days during the year
● Be physically capable of working long hours 10+ days consecutively
● Be willing to learn the processes set in place, while maintaining an analytical and problem solving mindset to improve these procedures
● Must be able to manage high volumes of people with an efficient approach to accomplishing mission critical tasks.
● While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to repeat motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers, operating machinery and/or power tools, operating motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
● Move objects up to 100 pounds or more.
● Be prepared to be exposed to outdoor elements such as precipitation and wind, noisy environments, low and high temperatures.
● Be capable of navigating and utilizing email, Microsoft Office programs, Google Drive.
Qualities required of all Spartan team members:
Spartan Race is a high-performance organization, and successful team members must therefore possess a strong work ethic and hands-on approach to business. We are innovative, create inventive solutions, and are exceptionally service minded. Team members at Spartan change lives, and have a passion for the organization. Paramount to our organization is the maturity to embrace ambiguity and ability to adapt according to the market and the continuing innovation of the organization.
● Ability to hold one-self accountable and an aptitude for prioritizing multiple projects
● Strong sense of teamwork with the ability to foster relationships
● Proactive, solutions-oriented; capability to identify efficiencies and decrease costs while maintaining a quality workplace environment and product
● Collegial approach to a business environment and cooperative work style ● Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
● Valid, updated Passport