The Financial Controller will work under the direction of the Director of Operations and will be responsible for the delivery of a full range of accounting functions in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. The Financial Controller will establish overall accounting, budgeting and financial and informational requirements of Touchwood Child and Family Services Inc. Board of Directors, senior management, staff management independent auditors and government services.
- Bachelor of Administration or Commerce.
- Experience in management and leadership, and administration, withdevelopment, program management, team building and organizational
- demonstrated knowledge and skills in the areas of supervision, policy
- Experience in Children Services Programs. Knowledge of, and experienceof five years’ experience in the field of Children Services, with demonstrated
- in working with the Directives and legislative requirements. A minimum
- knowledge in the key areas of First Nation authority, child protection,
- residential care services and First Nation Child Welfare Customary Care.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of systems planning and development procedures.
- Knowledge of program/fund accounting.
- Knowledge of managerial accounting practices.
- Ability to perform complex and diversified accounting functions related to revenues, expenditures and cost sharing.
- Knowledge of electronic filing.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of Touchwood Child and Family Services Inc.
- Knowledge of the First Nation culture and the political and social objectives of the Touchwood Child and Family Services Inc. member First Nations.
- Possess a valid Saskatchewan driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must be willing to work evening and weekends
- Must submit a Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Check.
- Must sign an Oath of Confidentiality and Code of Ethics.
- Other duties assigned by the Director of Operations.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Financial Controller will maintain:
- Financial management systems.
- Financial management procedures and principles.
- Accurate financial and payroll records as per Federal legislation.
- Client administration and personnel filing systems.
- Records pertaining to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Itemizing and distribution of monthly expenditures related to the set budget of Touchwood Child and Family Services Inc.
- Record and report (monthly) financial and accounting data.
- Compare financial performance of operations with administration plans and standards.
- Report and interpret the financial results from operations at meetings
- Ensure the effectiveness and availability of financial information for managerial decision making.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for all agency bank accounts.
- Share financial information within the agency as it pertains to each department ie. Executive Director, Program Managers.
- Process all financial documents related to administration and operation of the agency.
- Authorize expenditures
- Ensure pre-authorized expenditures are within budget of the agency.
- Apply the Goods and Services Tax remittance.
The Financial Controller is responsible for the development and implementation of the budgeting reports for TCFS.
Program Planning, Development and Review
The Financial Controller will:
- Develop an evaluation of programs and procedures that are consistent with established policies and financial control.
- Formulate future policies and strategies that will enhance overall operating efficiency.
- Provide supervision, establishment and maintenance of an effective financial reporting and communication network.
- Explore and securing of future funding and investment opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,720.00 to $94,747.00 /year
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)