Construction Estimator- Commercial Construction Division
Deveraux Developments and its related companies are involved in the development, construction and management of commercial properties and multi-unit residential complexes throughout western Canada.
Headquartered in Regina, Saskatchewan, with offices in Manitoba, BC and Alberta, Deveraux offers clients a wide range of construction services, and builds projects of varying complexities, designs and sizes. Deveraux is proud to have been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2019 and 2020.
Deveraux Developments is looking to hire an estimator or quantity surveyor to be based in the Alberta, office to assist with estimating, budgeting and procurement for various and diverse projects. The construction Estimator is instrumental in developing accurate estimates at various stages of project development. As a part of our team you will manage your estimating responsibilities and collaborate with other team members to ensure budgets and estimates for projects are professionally prepared and communicated to the project team.
The estimator will work as part of a dynamic and committed team, reporting to the Chief Estimator and Vice President.
Minimum requirements of the role:
· A University or college degree or diploma, a certification in recognized estimating processes, or an appropriate trade qualification with proven past work experience operating as an estimator.
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience in estimating multi-family or commercial construction projects with a minimum value of $5 Million.
· Experience with Estimating and quantity take-off software like Bluebeam, plan swift, ICE, Pro-Est or similar.
· Strong computer skills and proficiency with spreadsheets and Microsoft programs,
· Be self-motivated, ambitious and passionate.
· Knowledge of construction methods, codes and best practices in the construction environment.
· Read, interpret and understand building blueprints, specifications, contract documents, etc.
· Organized, effective and efficient worker able to meet or exceed deadlines and work under pressure.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities, and prioritize the workload appropriately.
· Be reliable, dependable and honest.
· The ideal candidate is someone who wants to learn and grow their career under guidance from a very experienced and knowledgeable chief estimator.
· Assemble accurate and well organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner for Stipulated Price, Design-Build and Construction/Project Management projects
· Develop and maintain unit pricing and database for material and labour costing
· Formulate cost break down from estimates for project progress draw.
· Prepare estimates of probable costs of materials, labour and equipment for construction projects based on preliminary drawings and specifications
· Prepare quantity takeoffs using computer aided technology such as plan swift or Bluebeam
· Maintain a cost database
· Participate in sub-contract procurement, including but not limited to the development of trade scope of works, calling for tenders, preparation of RFP or RFQ.
· Assist with preparing preliminary project budgets
· Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjusting budget projections accordingly
· Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers and contractors
· Obtain bids from vendors and subcontractors
· Conduct site visits as required
· Perform other reasonable duties assigned by the management team.
· Occasional inter-provincial travel may be required.
Compensation and benefits
· Compensation package will be negotiated with successful candidates and can include vehicle and cell-phone allowances. Salaries are in the top 5% of the market. We believe in paying good wages to good people.
· Group extended medical, dental and vision.
· Group RRSP and DPSP
Submissions should note that they are applying for the Construction Estimator position with the commercial division.
All suitable applicants will be considered. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Construction Estimating: 3 years (Preferred)
- Estimating: 3 years (Preferred)