Position Title: Medical Office Assistant (Casual)
Reports To: Health Clinic Manager
1001 10 Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2R 0B7
Resilience for Life.
Through integrated programs and services, CUPS builds resilient lives for Calgarians facing the challenges of poverty and trauma.
We’re innovators and trailblazers in our sector. Far from a traditional charity, CUPS is a science-based organization that is defining a new approach to the social challenges of poverty and trauma. We change the lives of low-income and homeless Calgarians by addressing the root causes of their challenges. Using science, we address trauma, manage adversity, and build lifelong resilience that spans generations. We address the past and improve the present – because that’s how we’ll change the future.
This is a casual, on-call position with no guarantee of hours.
The medical office assistant is responsible for co-creating a caring, dignified and trauma informed experience for CUPS clients accessing health services. In collaboration with the multi-disciplinary CUPS team, MOAs manage the flow of clients and client information, ensuring the highest standard in maintaining client confidentiality and client care.
Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Create approachable, caring and trauma informed environment for clients accessing CUPS services
- Contribute to safety and wellness of clients, colleagues and visitors by remaining up to date on CUPS health & safety protocols
- Act as warden for client dignity by ensuring confidential client information is handled with the utmost care and respect in alignment with HIPA and CUPS privacy protocols & values
- Act as ambassador of CUPS mission and values both internally and externally
- Coordinate the flow of clients and client information through the health clinics multi-disciplinary teams and to internal CUPS programming for achievement of integrated care experience for client: including triage, facilitating referrals and appointment scheduling
- Collect and manage client records ensuring accuracy and completeness, following up with team members as required to acquire missing information
- Develop and maintain collaborative and accountable working relations with internal CUPS colleagues to strengthen communication flow and cross-program understanding
- Provide caring, reliable, trauma informed care to all clients accessing CUPS to reduce barriers to service and increase community trust
- Share experience and knowledge with students, volunteers and guests interested in CUPS services to further develop CUPS social justice impact & external ambassador network
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Diploma in Medical Office Administration
- Previous experience in medical reception/medical office assistance
- Previous experience working with vulnerable populations
- Previous experience working effectively within multidisciplinary team
- Proficiency in WOLF EMR database considered an asset
Thank you for your interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please include both a cover letter and a resume with your application, along with your hourly rate expectations.
Job Type: Part-time
- Medical Office Administration (Required)