(This is an unpaid VOLUNTEER/Internship Position with possibility of extension
to a Paid-Per-Project Position)
We are looking for Talented Editor(s) to assemble Documentary footage into finished products that match our Director’s vision, Funding Requirements and Festival Submissions.
- Next Deadline is DEC 11 or JAN 10, 2020 for a Documentary Film Short of under 40 minutes
The successful Candidate(s) will be responsible for editing and assembling recorded raw material into a suitable, finished product ready for Festival Submission, Broadcasting and/or Funding.
The material may include camera footage from various low-end to medium end cameras from 540P, 780P to 1080P, dialogue, separate sound files, sound effects, graphics and special effects.
- You must be able to easily manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible, entertaining and captivating to the audience
You must be able to review shooting script (or production notes) and/or raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity.
- Online Portfolio (Please Provide Viewing Link)
- Must be a Time and Self Managed Telecommuter and meet Deadlines
- You must be able to work with footage shot with Prosumer Cameras (not high end)
- You must be able to work with shaky footage shot with Prosumer Cameras
- You must be able to make shots look better than they are in instances where issues occur
- Extreme Attention to Detail
- Highly Organized
- Ability to use Online Collaboration Apps
- You MUST be able to Download Footage with NO help from Us
- You must know how to sort footage and be at ease explaining your process
- You must be able to meet Deadlines before or on specified milestones
- Must have Dropbox 1TB, Google 1TB or Storage on your Computer up to 70Gigs per LiveRead
- Know how to Sync Dialogue to Visuals (sync Audio to Video)
- Edit to Continuity (from beginning to end) into a complete Rough Cut
- Trim footage into 4-5 Minute Segments (in Sequence) for Funding
- Input music, graphics and/or effects
- Implement Industry best practices to maximize efficiency, yet stay creative
- Make a Trailer and/or Highlight Reel
- Create a Final Cut
- Show your work progress weekly and stay focused
- Proven work experience as an Editor
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages
- (Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Adobe Premiere, After Effects)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Degree in film studies, cinematography with a specialty in editing and/or a related field and/or relative experience and/or working towards certification
What We Offer
- Co-op Hours and Experience for High School, College/ University Students, Job Seekers
- References, Letters of Recommendation (if position is completed to our Standards)
- Valuable and Related Job and Professional Development Experience
- Create a Network with Like-minded People
- Enjoy a Respectful, Creative Environment and Mentoring
- Please send a LINK to your Editing Work that clearly shows YOU are the Editor
- All Volunteers must provide Government I.D. for liability purposes that includes your home address (Please visit: https://www.ontario.ca/page/acceptable-identity-documents for a list of acceptable government I.D.
- If interested, we invite you to submit your resume directly to: reelheartvolunteers (at) gmail.com
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Internship, Contract, Volunteer, Freelance, ...
- Editing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Moncton Area, NB (Preferred)
- Bilingual English/French (Preferred)