If you are committed to your work, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have the desire to learn and grow, join ET Construction. ET Construction is a leading contractor in the field of concrete bases and slabs for signs, and we install, move, maintain and repair all types of street furniture, including public transit shelters.
We are seeking shelter installers for the new light transit line in Ottawa. The work is physically demanding and requires the incumbent(s) to work in all types of weather conditions on various types of vehicles and machinery to perform the assigned work. The main tasks include:
- Performs general work tasks on construction sites, installing, loading and unloading materials.
- Handling of various equipment.
- Perform routine vehicle inspections and keep a daily driving log.
- Performs the work assigned by the foreman, supervisor.
- At least 6 months of work experience in performing manual, physically demanding work is also required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent (vocational study) will be considered an asset.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to understand instructions.
Working conditions: These positions require physical work, demanding in all types of working and weather conditions, at various locations in Ottawa.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Salary: From $25.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ottawa, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Construction: 1 year (required)