Community Outreach Assistant
Full-time Canada Summer Jobs Opportunity
Who we are: Job Skills offers employment solutions connecting the skills of job seekers with the needs of employers to create a more vibrant community.
What we need: A results-driven individual who has:
· Excellent communication skills (written, verbal)
· Education/experience in the following fields of Marketing/Communications; Business/ Sales
· Excellent customer service skills with both internal and external customers
· Superior organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task, in a fast-paced environment
· Familiarity with the use of Social Media
· Proficient in MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
· Graphic design skills an asset (Adobe Creative Suite)
What you will do: The Community Outreach Assistant supports the Client Recruitment activities of the Job Skills Employment Programs and Services activities by:
Outreach and Client Support
- Participating in the development and delivery of client recruitment outreach activities to promote Job Skills’ services to clients and community partners, and the general public
- Assisting with development of scheduled online outreach activities in York & Peel Regions, in co-ordination with the Client Recruitment Lead and the Marketing Department (such as E-mail blasts, social media promotion, newsletters etc.)
- Participating in the planning of promotion of events
- Researching various promotional venues/opportunities for marketing/outreach purposes
- Recommending and assisting with the maintenance and updating of resources, contact lists etc.
- Using excellent customer service skills, both on the phone and in an online virtual setting, dealing tactfully and effectively with partners, organizations, government agencies and the general public
- Ensuring that the Client Recruitment Lead is kept aware of critical issues and weekly activities
- Making recommendations to the Client Recruitment Lead and Marketing Director for new online activities
- Working with the Client Recruitment Lead and the Marketing Department to support the development and creation of outreach-oriented marketing and information tools
- Assisting in the identification of trends affecting employment through formal research and observation
General Office Duties
- Becoming familiar with Job Skills’ mandate, objectives and programs (e.g. Employment Services, Youth Job Connection, Smart Start, Canada Ontario Job Grant, Business Services, etc.), through the review of available literature, involvement in virtual staff meetings and site-specific visits
- Responding to general inquiries for information and referring online/telephone clients to appropriate Job Skills and other community services and programs, as required
- Developing and maintaining a working relationship with all Job Skills’ departments, at all Job Skills’ offices
- Learning to operate remote equipment related to the job function (e.g. phone systems and related computer programs, e-mail and directories)
- Must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Actfor the duration of the employment
- Must have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- *Foreign Students are not eligible
- Preferred candidates are enrolled in either a college and/or university level program, majoring in one of the following disciplines:
- Events Planning
- Building Collaborations/Partnerships
- Client Service Orientation
- Analytical Thinking
- Persuasive Communication
- Problem Solving
What you will get: In addition to the satisfaction gained from helping people reach their goals, Job Skills offers a competitive salary!
If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please read on to learn more about Job Skills, how you can apply to this exciting position and become part of our growing Job Skills Team!
Job Skills is a forward thinking, not-for-profit, charitable organization that is constantly developing or implementing new Programs to help individuals achieve economic independence. In doing so, we aim to contribute to the economic and social viability of our community. We are ethical, client-focused, performance-oriented and believe in the personal growth of our staff, our community and our clients.
As a Community Outreach Assistant with Job Skills,you will work for a high performing organization that is dedicated to assisting individuals in achieving their employment goals. In this role, you will utilize your unique combination of skills and experience to help clients find and maintain meaningful employment.
Job Skills is committed to fostering a workplace that is both inclusive and representative of the communities we serve. As a diverse workplace incorporates a variety of backgrounds and perspectives, we believe that being a diverse and inclusive organization is essential to achieving success and client satisfaction in all Job Skills’ Services and Programs. To meet these objectives, we invite all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. Please be advised that accommodation is available upon request.
We thank all applicants, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted. Please indicate the position title, and job reference number in the email subject line and tell us how you learned about this opportunity in your cover letter.
Please reply in confidence by 11:59 p.m., Monday August 17, 2020
JOB SKILLS Hiring Committee
Job Reference Number: HO071776
14-130 Davis Drive, Newmarket, ON, L3Y 2N1
Reference ID: HO071776
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Graphic design skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Marketing/Communications: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19