WE ARE HIRING!
Are you looking to kickstart your career? Maybe you’re rejoining the workforce or seeking a career change? Stericycle is hiring now! We, as an essential business, are on the front lines as supporting the healthcare industry during the COVID-19 pandemic. This means that, in addition to our generous benefits, our team members enjoy better job stability and opportunities for advancement. We’ve also updated our policies and training to ensure that all of our team members can safely serve our customers. We protect what matters.
This position is responsible for timely and accurate month-end execution of the Financial Statement Closing Process (FSCP) which includes the monthly closing and reporting of the books and records, related account reconciliations, cost accruals, analysis of financial statement variances to forecast and budget and general compliance with US GAAP and Stericycle Accounting Policies. This position will be responsible for the accounting and close activities for mainly Canadian Stericycle entities and could extend to other entities. In addition, this position will support Tax functions and require a strong working knowledge of Taxation.
Areas of focus / emphasis include:
Key Job Activities:
- Account to Report (ATR)
- Certain Order to Cash (OTC) areas
- Certain (STP) Source to Pay areas
- Certain Hire to Retire (HTR) areas.
1) Prepare, review, timely file and coordinate payment of monthly and qaurterly sales tax returns. Prepare account reconcillations for Tax Liability G/L accounts and assist with Tax audits.
2) Compilation of critical inputs into ATR processes for all Stericycle North American entities / locations ensuring that all information provided by the entity (IPE) has adequately designed source data, parameters and report logic controls and that those controls are effectively operating.
3) Responsible for the preparation of account reconciliations for North American entities. Resolve reconciling items by following up with his/ her team in an engaging and collaborative manner with cross-functional involvement. Ensure items are resolved in the time proscribed by company policies.
4) Makes recommendations to continiously improve the Financial Statement Close Process (FSCP) standard work for all tasks critical to the FSCP closing process.
5) Responsible for preparing and maintaining adequate, accurate and complete management reports that help Stericycle’s functional leaders make insightful business decisions.
6) Involved with compiling externally facing reports and the support for the quarterly and annual deliverables for external auditors. Ensure that all IPE has source, parameters, and report logic controls that are adequately designed and effectively operating.
7) Responsible for developing technical skills and soft skills needed to progress through the organization.
8) Ensures adherance with all applicable US GAAP guidance and internal Stericycle Accounting Policies and related control standards.
9) Identifies and remediates internal control deficiencies in the areas/processes assigned.
10) Prepares monthly journal entries with adequate support. Prepares analyses on accounts assigned. Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Chartered Public Accountant designation or in the process of obtaining
- At least 1 year of public accounting experience in audit or at least 3 years experience in general accounting demonstrating a good understanding of GAAP, Audit processes (internal / external) month-end closing process, general ledger accounts, preparation of sales tax returns and corporate tax principals, and financial statement formats
- Experience in effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills capable of interacting with staff, peers, and senior leadership competently and effectively
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement philosophies (Lean/Six Sigma) in a practical work setting
- Prior experience documenting IPE controls and understanding MRC (Management Review Control) activities
- Prior SAP experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel Skills
- Willing to create new solutions in a changing environment
- Understands flexibility required during period of corporate change
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job or person. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws.To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.