CHILD AND FAMILY ALL NATIONS COORDINATED RESPONSE NETWORK
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - COMPETITION #2019-823
ANCR (Child and Family All Nations Coordinated Response Network) delivers centralized, essential intake services that are part of the comprehensive and coordinated child and family services system in the City of Winnipeg. We provide crisis response and intake case services, conduct abuse investigations and offer preventative programs and services. ANCR is generally the first point of contact with the child and family services system. We provide service 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. ANCR receives both emergency and non-emergency calls, with highly qualified staff making initial assessments and referring callers to ongoing services as appropriate.
POSITION: After Hours Program Administrative Assistant – Full Time, Permanent
SALARY: $41,259 - $47,157 per annum
CLOSING DATE: September 3rd, 2019
Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates. Applicants are encouraged to self declare.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
- Grade 12 plus a 1 year Administrative Certificate, or comparable combination of education and experience.
- At least 2 years experience in administrative support.
- Experience in the areas of reception, processing mail, and filing is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook are required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for professional interactions with coworkers and the public.
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimum supervision and in a team setting.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to achieve quality results while multi-tasking and ability to adapt to a changing workplace.
- Knowledge of ANCR programs and experience with Intake Module/CFSIS is an asset.
- Applicants will be subject to satisfactory criminal records, child abuse registry and Prior Contact checks.
- The core competencies for this position include: communication, cultural competence, client focus, decision-making, collaboration, organizational ability, conflict management and safety awareness.
A satisfactory criminal records, CFS prior contact and Child Abuse Registry check is required for all ANCR positions. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Supporting program scheduling and timekeeping, filling worker schedule gaps and tracking leave requests.
- Standard administrative duties including typing, transcribing, filing, maintaining templates, photocopying, faxing, managing incoming/outgoing mail, taking meeting minutes, preparing statistics.
- Proof reading and editing grammatical errors in case recordings and other documents.
- Entering information on CFSIS and the Intake Module as required.
- Providing support to other administrative staff and coverage for the ANCR Receptionists
All qualified internal candidates will be considered first. Testing may form a part of the screening/ selection process. We seek diversity in our workplace.
Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications. Please submit your resume with cover letter and competition number to:
Child and Family All Nations Coordinated Response Network
835 Portage Ave, Winnipeg, MB, R3G 0N6 FAX: 944-4182
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $41,259.00 to $47,157.00 /year