We are looking for a Software Developer with ServiceNow or ScienceLogic experience to join our innovative team in Ottawa!
This contract role can turn into a permanent opportunity for the right candidate however, you must have a passion for solving complex problems and believe in deeply understanding the systems you use.
A Bit About Us:
At Ligado Networks, we believe in the tried-and-true formula for America’s global leadership in wireless—that more spectrum availability and continued investment in wireless infrastructure can deliver more innovative ways to connect people, devices, objects, vehicles, and buildings in an increasingly mobile lifestyle and economy.
- Minimum of 5 years' relevant development experience in C++ and/or Java
- A deep understanding of cross platform build systems
- DevOps experience is IDEAL
- Strong knowledge of source control, build systems, test automation systems, continuous integration, gated check-in, and the software development and delivery process.
- Proficiency writing and debugging scripts and systems.
- Ability to create reliable tools and systems that can be deployed to support a fast-moving development organization.
- A definitive passion for automation and streamlining processes to facilitate the debugging process
What You'll Need:
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science (or related) and 5-7 years software development experience
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Jenkins (Puppet, Chef are nice to haves)
- Experience with Network Management Systems (NMS)
- ScienceLogic Experience
- ServiceNow Experience
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Extensive experience using Java & C/C++.
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (Oracle experience is a plus)
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Highly motivated self-starter with demonstrated initiative and the ability to work well with minimal supervision
- Experience with Network Monitoring, Incident / Change / Problem Management tools (ie. ScienceLogic, Service Now)
- Ability to apply creative thinking to technology issues
- Team player with great communication and interpersonal skills
- Well organized and able to work under deadlines and multiple projects
- Working conditions for a Software Developer revolves around collaborating with clients and staff who may be in different offices and/or time zones. A valid passport is required for travel to the U.S.
- Office location includes parking, on-site café, on-site gym and 24/7 security.
Due to the volume of candidates, only successful applicants will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please!
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $56.00 to $65.00 /hour
- AWS: 5 years (Preferred)
- Software Development: 5 years (Required)
- DevOps: 5 years (Preferred)
- SQL and MySQL: 5 years (Preferred)
- C++ and/or Java: 5 years (Required)
- Network Management Systems: 5 years (Preferred)
- ServiceNow OR ScienceLogic: 5 years (Required)