Armstrong Fine Art Services Ltd. offers a complete suite of services for the fine art shipping, handling and storage industry. From specialized transportation services to best-in-class climate-controlled storage, Armstrong is a leader in the industry.
We are currently recruiting an experienced Technician/Art Handler with a DZ class driving license.
The ideal candidate confidently delivers excellent customer service.Understanding that they are on the front lines with our clients and subsequently represent our business. They will be responsible for safely and effectively operating company vehicles. Additional tasks include handling valuable, sensitive artworks and artifacts in a safe and efficient manner. Artwork installation and deinstallation, condition reporting, packing, wrapping skills will also be required.
This position is based primarily in Mississauga, ON and includes transportation throughout the GTA, Eastern Canada and the USA (mainly New York, Chicago).
WHAT WE OFFER:
An extensive training program and ongoing development
An awesome team of dedicated individuals
Exciting and challenging work
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides friendly, quality, and professional service to customers
- Loads and unloads artwork/antiquities safely onto/ off of vehicles
- Handles, packs and transports all artworks with extreme caution and care
- Performing warehouse duties for long- & short-term art storage
- Capable of planning and implementing solutions to various logistical issues as they arise in the storage and transportation of art works
- Maintains open communication with dispatch
- Maintains compliance with all local and federal regulations.
- Performs all required truck inspections
- Reviews all paperwork to insure complete and accurate.
- Performs emergency roadside repairs when applicable and/or contacts service vendors when appropriate.
- Excellent customer service skills & experience required
- Must be comfortable working in front of clients in a museum & gallery setting as well as in private client homes
- Applicant must be highly motivated, organized, and responsible with good communications skills
- Completes tasks with accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be willing and capable to work a flexible schedule including travelling overnight and short haul distances.
- Art handling experience and 1-3 years of commercial truck driving experience preferred
- Crate fabrication or carpentry experience and art install/de-Installation experience is an asset
High School Diploma or GED equivalent, college degree preferred.
Excellent communication skills and must communicate effectively in oral and written form.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Driver's License, CLASS DZ
Forklift License: An asset
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, sit, bend, lift, and use their hands. Movement may occur in warehouses and offices. Employee will be in truck cab for extended periods and must exhibit physical agility to enter and exit trucks and/or trailers. Employee will be exposed to outside weather conditions on a frequent basis.
Employee must be able to lift 75lbs unassisted and must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 300lbs with assistance of mechanical equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee may perform on an occasional to regular basis. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these functions.
Job Type: Full-time
- driving and technician: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- English (Required)