Community Development and French Services Coordinator
Full Time – 37.5 hours per week. Flexible hours as required.
The Wainwright MFRC is seeking a highly motivated individual to develop and implement programming that promotes and facilitates personal growth, skill development and social and community engagement. The individual in this position will be responsible for establishing a comprehensive support system for the Francophone community that works to enable Francophone individuals/families to manage day to day business and life in a predominantly English community.
- High school diploma with relevant post-secondary training and/or experience
- Previous experience with event and/or program planning and development
- Effective written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Fluency in both English and French, oral and written
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child Welfare Check
- Current First Aid Certification, or desire to complete first aid training
- Must provide their own vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license if required and applicable
- Effective time management and efficiency with tasking
- Strong attention to detail and well developed organizational skills
- Self-motivated and results orientated
- Demonstrates professionalism, integrity, diplomacy and tact as well as a personal and professional respect for confidentiality
- Experience/knowledge in the non-profit sector
- Experience/knowledge of the issues and challenges facing Canadian Forces families
Anticipated start date: 24 June, 2019.
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found and may be used to fill similar current and future vacancies of a permanent, temporary or casual nature. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Forward cover letter and resume quoting competition # 19-05 to:
Ashlee McLeod, Program Manager
Box 29, Denwood, AB T0B 1B0
Phone: 780-842-1363 Ext. 1253 Fax: 780-842-1876
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 /hour