At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear:
improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Vice President of eCommerce Enablement, Vice President of Sales Enablement, and Vice President of Beverage and Edibles, the Executive Assistant will be a part of a superior function building within Canopy Growth, including its wholly owned subsidiaries. This position will perform a variety of business tasks that require independent judgment, discretion, and confidentiality. Ideal candidates will be proactive, hands‐on, and independent problem‐solvers who can work as a team with others. Flexibility and discretion are key. Highly effective communication (both written and verbal) and organizational skills are critical to the position.
- Support Canopy Growth Executives
- Scheduling correspondence, monthly expense reports, review incoming documents, etc.
- Manage the calendars, schedules, appointments, and required travel for the designated teams
- Represents the designated teams by welcoming and directing visitors, as well as answering questions and coordinating required meetings with both internal and external parties
- Prepare meeting documentation, presentations, agendas and catering as required
- Facilitate communications, both verbally and through electronic means
- Handle phone calls, e-mails and inquiries and ensure that queries are directed to the proper person
- Coordinate various activities across all relevant teams/ departments
- Participate in the preparation, drafting and edits of strategic planning documents and operating plans
- Ability to anticipate roadblocks and work to mitigate their impact; ultimately assisting where required in expediting resolutions, and contributing to team success
- Handle highly confidential information with discretion
- Research issues, analyze problems, determine appropriate course of action, and ensure completion
- Work effectively with other administrative staff
- Proactively assist wherever the opportunity exists
- Prepare meeting minutes in a fast-paced environment
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3 – 4 years’ experience in an Executive Assistant role, finance preferred
- Mastery of Microsoft Office suite of software products (excel, word, outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong written, grammatical, and oral communication skills
- Demonstrable history of working with integrity, discretion, and a high level of competency
- Strong organizational skills. Must be able to set priorities while working with different team members
- Ability to multi-task and work with several moving pieces at a time
- Comfortable operating in a high-pressure environment with multiple demands on time and resources; ability to readily embrace change
- Ability to solve practical problems; highly motivated to deliver results
- Sharp, patient team player with a positive attitude and the ability to work independently
- Willingness to seek out new learning opportunities and take on new tasks/responsibilities as assigned
This is 12-month contract role based remotely.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.