Grow, flow and glow with Cimcorp! Come share our passion!
Cimcorp Automation Ltd. is looking for two Software Support Specialists to join our team.
40 years of experience brings confidence and the boldness to think in a new way. Although we work with passion on the challenges facing our customers, we never lose our sense of humour or forget the importance of good team spirit. We are not robots, even though we work with them! We believe that being different is an asset, and we are always seeking ways to enhance each employees’ experience. We understand the value of our employees and strive to maintain employee satisfaction and its contribution to productivity and quality services.
We look to recruit individuals who value professionalism, honesty, integrity and teamwork. This includes people who are creative, highly skilled, hands-on, and interested in a challenge
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN OUR TEAM?
- Competitive compensation packages
- Four (4) weeks of vacation/leave time to start
- Employee Group Benefits Plan (including health and dental coverage, life insurance, health spending account, long-term disability, employee assistance program)
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Flexible working hours
- Travel opportunities
- Employee Profit Sharing Plan
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- Free gourmet beverages (coffee, tea, etc.)
- Monthly social events, including annual golf tournament, ice cream social, BBQ’s and more
- The opportunity to join one of the largest material handling companies in the world
Reporting to the Software Support Manager, the Software Support Specialist is responsible for providing technical support and troubleshooting for Cimcorp robotic systems remotely, as well as at customer facilities across North America and on occasion globally. The Software Specialist will work closely with all Cimcorp stakeholders in order to provide the utmost customer service through consultation, technical support, follow up and documentation. In addition, this position will support the software development of current and upcoming projects as well as manage any assigned after sales projects related to software or computers.
DETAILS OF DUTIES:
- Responsible for providing telephone/remote software support for existing customers as scheduled.
- Design, program and commission new feature upgrades and software solutions for existing customers.
- Analyze, debug, support and service automation software systems for continuous improvement of active customer production installations.
- Communicate with Project Managers during the design and implementation phase of projects.
- Assist with/support the development of software for current and upcoming projects. This involves maintaining up to date knowledge on current software projects and acting as a resource as necessary.
- Responsible for the promotion and follow up of all potential revenue generating opportunities brought to your attention while interacting with customers such as system enhancements and software upgrades.
- Provide training on software systems purchased by Cimcorp customers through onsite instruction and hands on training.
- Responsible for building strong relationships with clients that foster long term business relationships.
- Ensure all Cimcorp health and safety policies, procedures, and responsibilities under the OHSA, are followed during all work activities both at the installation site, and at Cimcorp Automation.
- Participate on work group team projects and/or corporate related activities as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
This role requires a broad knowledge base across multiple technologies. The successful candidate will have experience and familiarity with many or all of the following technologies:
- Programming Languages: Visual Basic, VB.Net, Java
- Databases: OracleSQL, MicrosoftSQL
- PLC: Binar, SEW MoviPLC, Allen Bradley, GE Proficy, Bosch
- Environment: Windows, Linux, TCP/IP & Network architecture
- Familiarity with servo motors, conveyor systems, automation equipment and IO systems a strong asset
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a software support or related role.
- Experience programming automation components, HMI’s and Material Handling robots is considered an asset.
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt to change, and work under pressure in a multifaceted environment.
- Ability to train customers on software systems through effective communication, demonstration, and formal instruction.
- Experience in a customer service environment dealing with clients to resolve problems would be an asset.
- Availability to work flexible hours including the occasional evening shift on a rotational basis, weekends, and overtime as required in order to maintain our 24/7 Help Desk service agreements.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of multi-function team with little supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to deal courteously and effectively with all levels of staff, the public, customers, partners, and any other potential stakeholders.
- Problem-solving skills, discretion, and demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment when handling confidential/sensitive information and communicating with customers regarding controversial matters.
- Effective organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills, with ability to prioritize work to meet customer service standards and deadlines without compromising service.
- Spoken/written knowledge of additional languages an asset.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree specializing in Software Engineering/Mechatronics, Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with computer network protocols, high and low level programming languages and servo drives in an industrial/engineering/automation industry in a software support capacity.
- Travel is required for this position averaging between 15% to 25%.
- Valid driver’s license, passport and non-restrictive travel ability to market countries are requirements for this position.
Cimcorp is a leading global supplier of turnkey automation for intralogistics that uses advanced robotics and software technologies. As well as being a manufacturer and integrator of pioneering material handling systems for the tire industry, we have also developed unique robotic solutions for order fulfillment and storage that are being used in the food & beverage, retail, e-commerce, fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) and postal services sectors. In addition, we offer comprehensive customer support services.
With locations in Finland, Canada and the United States, Cimcorp Group has in excess of 400 employees and has supplied more than 2,500 logistics automation solutions in 40 countries across five continents.
At Cimcorp we don’t fill vacancies; we solve our clients’ business challenges by sourcing the best people with the right mix of skills, experience and attitude.
Cimcorp welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- automation: 1 year (Preferred)
- software support: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)