To ensure that Trophy Quality and Food Safety programs (BRC Global Food Safety Standard) are maintained through monitoring, verification, and auditing procedures when necessary.
Monitoring and verification procedures include the following: the procurement of product samples, tests and inspects products at various stages of manufacturing, and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality, food safety, and reliability of products.
Primary shift will be 9:30 PM - 6:00 AM, applicants must be willing to work a different shift when required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To procure and analyze incoming raw materials and ingredients to ensure that they meet vendor specifications, Trophy specifications, and Industry standard specifications where applicable.
- Hold/release all raw materials into production with proper identification
- Ensure proper code dating, identification, gas flushing, proper sealing, and weight allowance in products packaged.
- To monitor processing and packaging areas to ensure that products produced meet customer and Trophy standards
- To maintain proper and accurate records of all test results.
- To alert the Processing and Packaging Supervisor(s) of deviations to product/package quality for corrective action.
- To enforce GMPs when necessary in the plant.
- To monitor packaging material to ensure compliance to packaging specification.
- To audit products in the warehouse and cooler for product rotation when required.
- To retain samples on file of finished processed products.
- To perform GMP/Food safety inspections on a daily basis when on plant floor.
- To report any infractions to GMP and Food Safety Standards when observed for corrective action.
- To perform sanitation inspections on processing and packaging lines when required.
- To keep a safe and clean work area at all times.
- To complete all written reports and documents accurately as required, and file appropriately
- To perform internal audits of FSQMS (BRC, HACCP, SFCR) according to schedule
- To retrain staff on policies and procedures as necessary
- To conduct orientation training of new employees
- To investigate customer and/or consumer complaints using retained samples as necessary
- To determine product acceptance through organoleptic evaluation (smell, taste, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned by Quality Assurance Manager
Experience, Qualifications, and Education Requirements:
- University Degree or College Certificate in the science field with 1 year of related experience and/or training. Knowledge in the Food Science field would be ideal.
- Work experience with BRC audits and program requirements
- Working knowledge of HACCP and SFCR
- Basic skill required for MS Office products.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical– Performs analytical tests accurately and efficiently; Able to read and interpret written information such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Problem Solving– Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skilfully.
Technical Skills– Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Mathematical Skills– Understands and has knowledge of some statistical techniques; Calculates figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; Applies concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability– Applies common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; Deals with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Interpersonal Skills– Maintains confidentiality.
Oral Communication– Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks effectively before groups of customers or employees of the Company.
Written Communication– Writes clearly and informatively; Able to write routine reports and correspondences.
Teamwork– Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Customer Service– Responds promptly to customer needs through sales department; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Ethics– Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support– Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Safety and Security- Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Adaptability- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance and Punctuality- Consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability- Follows instructions and responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk through the Plant and office areas. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Able to work extended periods of time often exceeding 1 -2 hours without sitting.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to allergens such as peanuts, tree nuts, sulphites, soya, dairy, egg, gluten, fish and sesame. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions including slippery floors. The employee may be exposed to equipment and processing mediums exceeding several hundred degrees Fahrenheit and noise levels exceeding 85 decibels. The employee may be required to handle chemicals that require PPEs to be worn including a respiratory PPE.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- food manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- HACCP and SFCR: 1 year (Preferred)
- Food Sciences: 1 year (Preferred)
- BRC internal audits: 1 year (Preferred)
- Quality Assurance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- English (Required)