As a purpose-led company, Securitas employees are united across the country and around the globe. Our purpose serves as a consistent reminder of why our work is so important to our colleagues, clients and the community. Safety is a basic premise for all of us to enjoy life with friends and family as well as to succeed at work. Threats to our safety are ever increasing and becoming more complex. Therefore, our commitment to helping make the world a safer place is more important than ever. Our employees are guided by our 3 values: Integrity, Helpfulness and Vigilance. With over 370,000 employees globally and over $10 billion in revenue in 2018, we have surpassed our competitors by providing quality service year after year. If you are looking to join an elite team of Security Professionals, Securitas is the employer of choice. Excellent opportunity for Police Foundations graduates looking to gain experience for a career in Law Enforcement.
Position: Security Operations/Dispatch (French and English)
Status: Full Time
Location: North York
The Security Operations/Dispatcher plays an integral role within the Securitas Operations Centre to provide effective leadership and can respond with tact and diplomacy to a variety of operational issues. This position requires after-hours support, and regular interaction with all levels of the organization at a national level including security guards, managers, schedulers, and clients.
- Communicate with District Management, Supervisors, Security Guards & Mobile Officers across the country to provide after-hours support with various operational issues.
- Inbound/Outbound calls to handle inquiries, provide resolutions, as well as confirming the health & safety of guards in the field.
- Providing documentation and corresponding with Clients and Securitas personnel via email.
- Prompt and accurate data entry for applications such as SAFES and Oracle while escalating security guard scheduling transactions.
- Acquiring a strong understanding of the Department’s National process to educate Guards, Managers and efficiently actions various requests.
- Monitoring IMMIX system for unwanted activity and filling out reports for any suspicious activity in a timely fashion.
- Performing other duties as required.
- Able to work rotational shifts and extra hours including weekends as required maintaining the Department’s operational needs.
- Must be fluent in French and English both written and oral communication.
- Effectively maintaining open lines of communication with co-workers always.
- Being prepared and physically alert while on shift.
- Adhering to all Securitas rules and regulations.
- OSSD/equivalent or a minimum of one year of background experience in the security guard industry, preferred.
- Background experience of at least one year in a call centre environment is preferred.
- Good understanding of IMMIX, Oracle and scheduling is an asset.
- Intermediate computer skills (i.e., typing- 35 wpm, data entry, Internet navigation, Microsoft Office suite and email)
Securitas Canada celebrates diversity and we welcome and encourage applications from the four designated groups; namely women, aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
hospitals, healthcare, dispatcher, customer service, french, english, communications, technical support, call centre, dispatch, freight, distribution, scotia, bell, rbc, alarmforce, bgis, tangerine, cibc, bmo, sunwing, representative
Candidates may apply online at www.securitasjobs.ca and select “Dispatcher.” Candidates must attach a resume to their application.
Reference ID: 89978
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Call Centre : 1 year (Required)
- North York, ON (Preferred)