Put yourself in the driver’s seat; imagine where a career here could take you.
Mitchell Plastics is an award-winning and growing company. Our key strength is that we offer our world-wide automotive customers a single-source alternative for all of their interior automotive plastic part needs. We have over 2,200 innovative team members, across 7 manufacturing locations throughout North America, who are dedicated to ensuring our position as a global top-tier automotive interior supplier. As an employer, we offer an exciting opportunity for you to be part of our growing "Best in Class" team. We believe that our team members make us great, and we offer ongoing opportunities for advancement. Our talented team is continually expanding and we are always on the lookout for driven individuals to become a valued part of our success.
Come join our Team, and learn first-hand how you can contribute to our “Innovation Inside”!*
We currently have an Night Shift opening for as a Shift Supervisor within the Production Department, reporting to Department Manager.
- The Shift Supervisor reports to the Production Manager. The position is responsible for organizing all assigned resources to produce products according to the current schedule, and according to the approved quality standards.
- The Supervisor must be aware at all times of any deviation from the current schedule, and will take appropriate action to either correct the shortfall, or advise the Plant Manager and Scheduler if the required corrective action exceeds their authority or available resources.
- The Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that parts are produced which meet the approved “First-off’s” and is conforming to established quality standards. Verify all processes are stable and within tolerances outlined in the QIR.
- On the off - shifts personnel are responsible to the Shift Supervisor, and the Supervisor will assign, organize and direct all resources to whatever activity is required in the pursuit of the above over-riding priorities. Ensures that the shift production report form is filled out correctly.
- The Supervisor will provide the leadership needed on the shop floor to ensure high productivity, morale and safety. In particular, a consistently high standard of housekeeping must be maintained at all times. The Supervisor is a key player in helping to effect the necessary changes on the shop floor on an ongoing basis. Ensure that only trained individuals are assigned to work cell or other plant duties.
- The Supervisor will work closely with the Plant Manager or Production Manager and Human Resource Manager to ensure that appropriate skills are being hired, appropriate training being conducted, and proper disciplinary actions taken to control absenteeism and unacceptable conduct.
- It is expected that all required procedures for Quality Assurance, Inventory Control and Production Control will be rigorously enforced.
- Ensure that all preventive maintenance is carried out on tools and equipment
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Mitchell Plastics is committed to providing a barrier-free workplace. If accommodation is required during the selection or interview process, it will be available upon request. This job posting is available in an accessible format upon request.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- supervisory: 5 years (Required)