The Night Support - Awake Position will provide support to the program during the overnight shift, ensuring the safety and security of the clients during the night.
· Supervise the house during the night shift to ensure the safety and well-being of the clients, and the security of the house and property. This will include safety checks.
· Respond effectively and efficiently to any emergencies that occur during the shift.
· Provide clients with supportive listening as needed. Encourage the client in problem solving, crisis resolution, and other life skills as appropriate.
· Facilitate the morning meal and all morning activities. Make wake up calls as requested by the clients. Advance prep-work for the next day’s meals as needed.
· Ensure basic tidiness and cleanliness of shared areas, including kitchen and washrooms.
· Complete all necessary client documentation and reports.
· Read previous entries in the staff log book and record relevant information and activities for staff on the upcoming shift.
· Work cooperatively as a member of the program team to ensure coordination of client service.
- Diploma or degree from an accredited College or University in a Human Services field.
- One year related work experience in a similar role.
- Willing and able to work report to work various shifts schedules, with short notice.
- An up-to-date first aid certificate.
- Driver’s License and access to an insured personal vehicle. Must provide proof of adequate insurance coverage on request. (Optional - required only for additional day shifts)
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening (Police Check)
- Additional 10% in lieu of benefits
- May pick-up additional shifts as available throughout program
- Employee assistance programs
- Company pension
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.17 /hour
- Front-line Mental Health: 1 year (Required)