We are a 24 hour news streaming site and are looking for highly capable individuals to fill certain key roles as we prepare for our rapidly approaching initial launch.
One of the key aspects that will set our site apart from all the other news sources is our unique editorial criteria. Our Copy Editors will apply a philosophical approach that challenges our research and writing to ask the extra questions that will add dimensions to the story and find humanity by applying compassion and reasoning. Working from both the head and the heart.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the establishment of our journalistic and editorial standards
- Convey these standards to the writers, journalists and researchers. Ensuring these standards are met.
- Hiring and training of subsequent Editors
- Quality assurance of all research, writing and journalistic practices
- Guide, support and challenge our research and writing staff towards constant improvement
- Copy editing for our writing and researching team. Ensuring style and logical consistency
- Develop documentation practices to ensure all our claims are well supported with simple fact checks
- Communicate with Production, Video Editors and other departments to coordinate writing and documentation with the overall production process
- Impeccable mastery of English with a keen eye for stylistic consistencies
- Excels under deadlines, able to quickly assess and correct
- Experience working with language at a highly professional level
- Versed in Philosophical and logical concepts. Skilled at detecting logical inconsistencies or fallacies.
- Capable of editing for omissions; looking for the questions that we failed to ask
- Visceral curiosity and desire to discover
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- Copy Editing: 3 years (Required)