1685 Tech Ave, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0A7
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Senior Reporting Analyst
Specialty Health Network (or SHN, as we call ourselves) is a growing division of Shoppers Drug Mart, with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. We pride ourselves in having an awesome work culture and fun environment! We offer competitive salaries, a great benefit package, Shoppers Drug Mart discount, Goodlife gym discount, RRSP/Pension plans, Employee share ownership plan, professional training and development and many more perks!
Shoppers Drug Mart was acquired by Loblaw in 2014, the largest employer in Canada – making your career opportunities within our larger organization - endless!
The Senior Analyst, Reporting position primary responsibility will be to help extract & analyze all patient assistance program data within core therapeutic areas and provide value add insight into therapeutic trends, opportunities and weaknesses. The Senior Analyst’s role is to assist the business users, and the Business Analyst, in getting raw data out of the system to turn into something meaningful for stakeholders. The reporting analyst will also act as a liaison for communication between the business end users and the developers.
Nature and Scope
The incumbent will work with internal staff to develop and maintain comprehensive reporting for SDM Specialty Health Network Management and external clients as contracts and requirements dictate.
What you will do
- Act as a conduit between:
o Client, SHN Sales & Marketing and Business Intelligence department to clarify and translate business and or operational requirements into documentation and conceptual report designs
o Third party vendors, e.g. IQVIA and SHN
o SHN internal clients and report writers to facilitate the development of reports
- Develop financial analysis and reports designed to maximize profitability
- Develop supporting invoice data and queries
- Recommend and facilitate development of reports (regular & ad-hoc)
- Run, validate and review reports, analyze trends, opportunities and weaknesses and summarize for report end users which includes internal employees and clients
- Maintain business requirements, functional requirements and technical specification documentation for all reports
- Participate Business Intelligence department for audits
- Participate in Request for Proposal process related to specific therapeutic area of expertise
- Assess impact to reports due to process changes
- Create manufacturer service fee invoices
- Provide supporting documentation for service fee invoices Document report errors
- Perform Data Base Code Promotion regression testing
- Report all Adverse Events (AE) and Product Technical Complaints (PTC) immediately or as soon as possible upon becoming aware of the event as per current policies and procedures
What you will need
- Business/Computer Science/Engineering Degree or equivalent working experience
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience preferably in a pharmaceutical industry
- Strong knowledge and understanding of SQL language is a key skill
- Effective organizational, communication and customer relations skills
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with CRM platforms (SalesForce, Siebel, PatientConnect, etc.)
- Exceptional computer skills (MS Excel and quantitative analysis tools)
- Experience with Business Intelligence Platforms (i.e. Qlik, Tableau, etc.) is a strong asset
- Must be able manage time effectively through flexibility & prioritization
- Must enjoy working in an environment of fast paced change and ambiguity
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. , we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Type of Role:
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.