Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
***The territory covered by this position is Northern Ontario including the following cities; Kapuskasing, Sault Ste. Marie, Timmins, Thunder Bay, Dryden, Kenora and Fort Frances.
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Operations the incumbent provides coaching and mentoring to Associates to ensure the Shoppers Drug Mart (SDM) corporate plan is executed and operational procedures and standards are adhered to. The incumbent drives to maximize business growth and performance to achieve or exceed financial goals as set out in the common year plan.
- Develops and communicates a common year plan to establish financial targets and provide a strong strategic direction for each store in the region.
- Liaises closely with Associates and store management to provide coaching and guidance, develop day to day operations, achieve targets and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Performs regular store visitations to monitor the implementation and execution of strategic plans, including marketing and merchandising, adherence to operational standards and identifies opportunities to improve performance.
- Analyzes sales and financial data and P&L statements to monitor financial success of each location, highlight potential growth areas, and ensure the Associates are on target to meet common year plan goals.
- Monitors business systems in each location to highlight and recommend opportunities for improvement.
- Develops and communicates action plans to successfully implement corporate initiatives efficiently.
- Develops and communicates operational methodologies and best working practices to improve customer service, visual merchandising and process improvements.
- Communicates regularly with Associates and store management to resolve issues or concerns promptly, coordinate between stores and corporate departments and provide recommendations as required.
- Identifies potential new talent and assists in interviewing, hiring and training of new staff to develop a competent staff and assist Associates with succession planning.
Skills, Experience & Education
This position requires an advanced level of initiative and judgment in order to organize and prioritize tasks, workload and projects. Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are required in dealing with colleagues in every day working relationships.
- Requires an ability to apply concepts and theories to improve functions or units.
- Manages a function or unit by focusing on achievement of objectives.
- Requires specialized interpersonal skills to resolve situations with colleagues where there may be some level of conflict, stress or uncertainty.
- Provides solutions by using imaginative approaches where constructive thinking and innovation are required.
- Utilizes decision making skills to achieve specific organizational objectives with consideration given to their impact on other work groups.
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions. Able to work with diverse personalities and styles.
- Communicates with clarity, verbally and in one on one or group situations, or over the telephone.
- Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents; facility with editing and/or proof-reading is required.
- Computer skills to produce and interpret reports, documents and presentations. Knowledge of inventory management and accounting software.
- Business acumen - advanced understanding of quality standards relative to operational improvement, strategic planning and business growth.
- Professional manner, tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with associates and colleagues including senior management.
Greater than seven years, but less than or equal to ten years of business/retail or equivalent experience.
Post secondary education equivalent to a university degree in Business/Merchandising or equivalent.
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. , we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Type of Role:
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.