Are you tired of being just a cog in the machine at your firm? Want to learn and grow with a tight-knit team of kickass ladies? Crave a more balanced work environment? We're it!
We are a woman owned and led business law firm in Port Moody, B.C. We believe in producing big firm quality work while maintaining a boutique firm vibe that includes work-life balance and staff-focused support.
We are seeking a full time an intermediate level corporate paralegal l to join our team. We are willing to invest in training and career development to allow a capable and ambitious candidate advance in their career.
This is a full-time and permanent position. The work location is hybrid.
- Preparing and filing of annual reports and annual consent resolutions for BC and Canadian entities;
- Preparing and filing of extra-provincial annual returns;
- Maintaining corporate files and record books;
- Conducting Provincial and Federal corporate searches;
- Updating ALF database;
- Preparing of corporate documents and correspondence as delegated by senior staff;
- Receiving and sending out record books out as required for registered and records office changes;
- Acting as the first point of contact for clients (phone, email etc.);
- Liaising with clients including communicating with and responding appropriately to client requests;
- Managing time and expense entries into Clio, preparing invoices and assisting with account receivables;
- Opening, closing, and maintaining new client/matter records in Clio;
- Assisting with preparation of routine correspondence and preparing, drafting, and reviewing of various corporate and administrative documents;
- Supporting the firm’s team concept by readily assisting with overflow work;
- Other general administrative and secretarial support as requested.
- Graduate of a legal administrative assistant course is preferred;
- Prior experience with corporate records maintenance is preferred, including filing annual reports, changes of director, changes of address etc.
- Good technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, BC Online, ALF, i-worx and Clio considered an asset for this position;
- Minimum of 2 years law office related experience;
- Detail-oriented and good organizational skills;
- Team player;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
We offer competitive compensation, extended health benefits, paid for small group personal training and other perks that are in the works!
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity in a progressive and supportive environment, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $60,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Port Moody, BC V3H 2A6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- ALF Corporate: 1 year (preferred)
- BC Law Firm: 1 year (required)
- BC Corporate Records: 1 year (required)
- BC LAA or Paralegal Diploma (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Port Moody, BC V3H 2A6